Price Check Tractor Model 5065E/4WD with a standard loader

/ Tractor Model 5065E/4WD with a standard loader #21  
I'm so sorry Zebrafive was right, its a 2640 not 2460 (typo error). You guy have provided helpful info and given great advice. Will think about some more and decide what route I will be taking. I don't have an immediate need for a new tractor but I do a need a tractor. How about high profile tires and low profile tires? Is there a price difference on these two type of tires on this particular JD Model 5065E/4WD?

If you go to the Deere website and select a tractor model you are interested in you can click on "Build your own" which will allow you to work through the list of options available including multiple tire and wheel selections and arrive at an msrp price for the particular build. My best guess is the 5065E and others in this E series can be purchased about 10 to 15% off of the msrp price and the M series such as the 5085M can be purchased for 15 to 18% off msrp.

The 2640 is a much heavier tractor than the E series by several thousand pounds and is much closer in size to a 5085M. Obviously the new models are more feature laden with up to 32 forward speeds and about four times the hydraulic flow. Just make sure you compare the tractors sizes carefully if you will be using the prior implements you have for the 2640. For instance pulling something such as a chisel plow with a high draft load and plenty of hook (downward force) the 5085M is more similar to the 2640 than the lighter 5065E. When considering a fel on the newer tractors they have better capabilities than the older tractors and much more robust hydraulic systems and stronger front axles. My point being that there are some big differences in the design and weights of these newer tractors compared to the older 3020 and 2640 tractors.