Decisions decisions decisions

/ Decisions decisions decisions #11  
TripleR, I cut a littler over $19,000 worth of billets using a two cord billet trailer and a 2WD ford 6610. At first I tried pulling the trailer with my 4WD pickup, but it could not handle it. I had no trouble pulling the loaded 10,000 to 12,000 trailer with the Ford.
I plan on getting a 1000 gallon water wagon to irrigate the pond levies. I do not think the 4000 series tractor will pull the 9000 pounds up the incline where the billet trailer was pulled from.

Oddball, at 60, my lungs are ate up with asbestos, my right leg needs a knee replacement, so I can sleep for about two hours at a time. The pain!
On the hat, my brother filed a law suit on me over the way my mother wrote her will. Imagine that! We finally settled after a year and a half. Now, we have the land to divide. If this goes to court, it could drag on for two to three years. So…I’ll have plenty of time to change hats (look at tractors).

Mike

Thanks for the clarification as I wasn't clear on your needs.

We are close in age and physical abilities and quit using open station tractors about a year ago and put them all out where my brothers use them. I like them, but just can't breath using them and am sick for days. I sometimes even use a mask in a cab.

Due to our farms, terrain, woods etc. having two tractors makes it much easier, but it's not for everyone.

As to your inheritance issues, I feel for you, we formed an LLC with a "Transfer on Death" to our heirs, so they won't have a lot of legal stuff and no misunderstandings.

/ Decisions decisions decisions
TripleR, I got my 1860G back yesterday, and I found out the problem was operator error and ethanol gas use. While I was there, I looked at a Kubota M7040 with power shuttle. He started it up, and I asked him questions for a couple minutes. After the cab cooled off, I set in it for a few minutes. The air conditioner did not have near the air flow as the John Deere. I am not putting the Kubota down in anyway, but this is just from my observation.

When I first started looking for a tractor, the New Holland was my only choice. I said I would never consider a John Deere. I have always heard you don稚 need to say that.

Anyway, here are some price quotes. I talked to a JD dealer Monday and the prices on a 5075M with cab plus, power shuttle, and H260 FEL was $55,850.
A new 2011 5093E with the H260 FEL was $47600.

Do you guys that are familiar with the John Deere think the 5075M is worth $8000 more than the E series?

The Kubota price from my local dealer was $34,200 for open station and loader, the same with cab was $40,200.

Mike

/ Decisions decisions decisions #13  
TripleR, I got my 1860G back yesterday, and I found out the problem was operator error and ethanol gas use. While I was there, I looked at a Kubota M7040 with power shuttle. He started it up, and I asked him questions for a couple minutes. After the cab cooled off, I set in it for a few minutes. The air conditioner did not have near the air flow as the John Deere. I am not putting the Kubota down in anyway, but this is just from my observation.

When I first started looking for a tractor, the New Holland was my only choice. I said I would never consider a John Deere. I have always heard you don稚 need to say that.

Anyway, here are some price quotes. I talked to a JD dealer Monday and the prices on a 5075M with cab plus, power shuttle, and H260 FEL was $55,850.

Do you guys that are familiar with the John Deere think the 5075M is worth $8000 more than the E series?

The Kubota price from my local dealer was $34,200 for open station and loader, the same with cab was $40,200.

Mike

I am not trying to push Kubota, but the AC in our M8540 will about blow my hat off if the vents are set right. I got in after one of my sons had been running it and had to close some off that work better for heating.

That having been said, the John Deere is certainly an excellent tractor and from what I remember has a roomier cab. The AC may well be cooler/more powerful, I just can't deal with either of our John Deere dealers and we own a John Deere. They also don't carry much in the way of mid size tractors being primarily covered up in Ag tractors and lawn/garden stuff.

I have said on here many times that I love John Deeres and have about as many pictures of our renters John Deere tractors as my Kubotas. I considered a John Deere when we traded our Case CX80 (80 HP) in, but poor service etc. plus a significant cost difference kept me off a John Deere and positive experience with three Kubotas and a great dealer put me in an L5740 a couple of months ago.

I am sure you will be more than happy with a John Deere.

/ Decisions decisions decisions #14  

Mike

Seems like that 5075M price is high and the 5093e price is low. I would usually say go for the plush tractors, but a 5093e is also 20HP more powerful than a 5075M - considering that, it's a GREAT deal. If I recall correctly we had a member recently get a 5085M for about the same price as what you listed they want for the 75M. What Kubota model are you looking at?

/ Decisions decisions decisions #15  
Well, I am comparing tractors. At first, I was considering Kubota and New Holland. Now I have added Mahindra and John Deere.

On the Kubota, I have a 1860G with 58 hours on it. For the last three years, it has been in the shop every year. I took it to have it worked on in April, and my wife went on vacation last week. Well, I had to take it back to the shop. I am not really in a hurry, but it takes from three to four weeks to get it back. I got a price for a replacement on a new seat, and it was $208. Out of curiosity, I called the John Deere parts department and got a price for my daughter痴 lawn tractor. It was $78. I have scratched Kubota off my list.

Last weekend my wife and I looked at a Mahindra 8560 4WD Shuttle Cab. Man, that is built like a tank. A customer bought it, had a clutch problem, and they gave him a new one. Sounds like excellent service. Although I could not drive it, I wanted to see how smooth the engine was and how the AC worked. The AC did not work so I drove a new 7060 4WD Cab. It was smooth. I liked it, but the AC quit working. I set in another cab and although the AC worked, I had to hold my hand over the vent to feel if any air was coming out. After five minutes the cab never cooled off. Now the Mahindra is scratched off my list.

The next day I looked at a new John Deere 5083E. The AC would blow my hat off. Wow, what a difference.
More to come

Mike

Most likely one of the reasons the A/C quit in the cabs on the Mahindras is because with some tractors have to be at operating speed for the A/C to work or they will freeze up and will quit working like the ones did on you .

Martain, do you think the three point hitch hydraulic cylinders being on the outside as opposed as everything being on the inside of the tractor is worth the extra money. The M John Deere and Kubota are built with outside cylinders.
The 5093 is a good price, but it uses 5 gallons per hour. I think I would rather a 65 to 75 HP tractor.
I think I may look at the LS and Case Farmall.

I don't know Allen, but something happened. Scary!!!

/ Decisions decisions decisions #17  
I been shredding and baling hay in 100deg. and cant say I have ever had an issue of getting hot in the cab. Most of the time dont even have it on full blast.

/ Decisions decisions decisions #18  
Martain, do you think the three point hitch hydraulic cylinders being on the outside as opposed as everything being on the inside of the tractor is worth the extra money. The M John Deere and Kubota are built with outside cylinders.
The 5093 is a good price, but it uses 5 gallons per hour. I think I would rather a 65 to 75 HP tractor.

I am going to step in here for Martian and say that having the cylinders on the outside should be cheaper to repair if nothing else. I should add that I haven't heard of much failure on any brands 3ph lift cylinders internal or external since joining TBN.

About the five gallons an hour, thats what you will burn if you are doing the work (making the hp). Diesels are fairly economical if the tractor isn't working hard it won't be burning that much fuel. You should look at the hp hours / gallon of fuel to compare.

/ Decisions decisions decisions #19  

Pretty much what Steve said. I believe that is the heavy duty 3ph option, or whatever they call it now. It doesn't matter to me as long as they both work, but should something go wrong, it will be easier to service the outside cylinders.

Why not get another price on a 5083e and 5085M? See what the numbers are to the comparable tractors. That 5 gallons per hour is also at PTO speed, if you're anything like me, you will hardly ever operate at that high of RPMs all the time. Most of what I do doesn't involve the PTO and anything over about 1800 RPMs is just burning extra fuel without significant visual difference in performance.

Guys, thanks for clearing that up on the fuel. I should have known.

I got some prices on a New Holland yesterday. A T4.75 with cab was 43,080, and the ROPS was 38,500. Both of these had the 12x12 power shuttle. The 8x8 PS was 34,000. Originally I wanted the T4030, but they quit making that model. The first thread I posted, I was asked what I was going to use the tractor for. I guess I should have said, for the most part, I will be mowing pond levees. Some of the work will be using the FEL to move dirt. Anyway, I have seen a couple of videos of tractor roller over, and TBN threads on the danger of mowing levees. Below is a photo of some of mowing I will be doing.

Scary!

I think I may get a price on the LS tractor. In order to a PS transmision, I have to get the 88HP P7030S.

As a side note, I mowed the levees for the first two years with a Ford 3000 sideways, or should I say not up and down the levee. The ponds were built under the supervision of a soil conservation engineer,, so they have a 30 degree slope. I think that is right. I may measure it with a 2x4 tomorrow.

BH.jpg

Mike