Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves

/ Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves #1  

MrWhippy

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1710, Ford 5600, NH Workmaster 55
When y'all talk about 2 remote valves (or 2 sets), you're talking 2 female hydraulic couplers, yes?

When I read 2 sets, it makes me think of 4 hydraulic couplers, not just 2. In another thread, someone said that they'd optimally have 5 sets of remote valves. I can't imagine having 10 couplers at the back of the tractor! (Or is that what some of you are running?:eek:)

/ Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves #2  
When y'all talk about 2 remote valves (or 2 sets), you're talking 2 female hydraulic couplers, yes?

When I read 2 sets, it makes me think of 4 hydraulic couplers, not just 2. In another thread, someone said that they'd optimally have 5 sets of remote valves. I can't imagine having 10 couplers at the back of the tractor! (Or is that what some of you are running?:eek:)

yes 1 set of remotes is 2 valve hookups.an 2 sets is 4 hookups.1 set is standard.

/ Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves #3  
Hey Nate I just PM'd you.

/ Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves #4  
I can't imagine having 10 couplers at the back of the tractor! (Or is that what some of you are running?:eek:)

My JD 6415 has 6 remotes, but they are not all at the back of the tractor. It has a three function mid valve (a three valve stack, two are for the loader and the third for a loader attachment) , and three rear SCVs (selective control valves) each with a pair of female couplers. So only six at the rear

/ Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves #5  
Most hydraulic cylinders (rams) on tractor implements are double-acting devices that require two hydraulic hoses. So each hydraulic remote consists of one control valve and a pair of quick disconnects. I have triple removes (three valves and 6 QDs) on the rear of my 2008 Mahindra 5525.

/ Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves #6  
Here is a picture of my three remotes.

/ Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves #7  
on SCUTS and CUT (sub compact utility tractors, compact utility tractors) you most likely will not see a gob of valves and remotes. but as you get into bigger equipment and heavier equipment for 3pt hitch, you end up having "road wheels" that lift up and down with hyd cylinders. then possibly wings that unfold in both directions. then perhaps some sort of angle adjustment, then you have TNT (Top aNd Tilt) top link on 3pt hitch, and side link on 3pt hitch gets replaced with hyd cylinder. you also have some things with hyd motors on them. it all adds up needing more and more valves/levers right in reach of the seat. and running 2 hoses per valve to rear end of tractor.

i figure for most folks in smaller size SCUTs to CUTs sized tractors, 2 valves/levers for a total of 4 quick disconnects in back, perhaps 3 if going with a TNT setup. will cover majority of 3pt implements out there.

lets take a good size workshop, you have a motor for table saw, a motor for chop saw, a motor for band saw, a motor for a planer, a motor for skill saw, another motor for shop vac, etc... etc... but when you are out on a tractor, you just can not run an extension cord, to an electrical outlet and go. rear hyd remotes are in idea electrical outlets in a shop.

/ Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves #8  
When y'all talk about 2 remote valves (or 2 sets), you're talking 2 female hydraulic couplers, yes? When I read 2 sets, it makes me think of 4 hydraulic couplers, not just 2. In another thread, someone said that they'd optimally have 5 sets of remote valves.
Yup.

I can't imagine having 10 couplers at the back of the tractor! (Or is that what some of you are running?:eek:)
I have six (female) couplers on my three section Prince SV stack valve that provides my rear remotes .... and I really wish I had gone with a four section valve, although I'm making do .... :rolleyes:

/ Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves #9  
Here is a picture of my three remotes.

TripleR,

Do you have hose covers on the hoses to your tilt cylinder? The hoses look like you have some pretty tight bends. Especially the top hose. Or is it just the angle on the picture?

/ Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves #10  

Don't have 10 female connectors but I got 8. 2 for top link, 2 for side tilt, 2 for box blade rippers, and 2 for... nothing yet, spares.

DSC01644.jpg DSC01646.jpg