Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1710, Ford 5600, NH Workmaster 55

Default Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves

When y'all talk about 2 remote valves (or 2 sets), you're talking 2 female hydraulic couplers, yes?

When I read 2 sets, it makes me think of 4 hydraulic couplers, not just 2. In another thread, someone said that they'd optimally have 5 sets of remote valves. I can't imagine having 10 couplers at the back of the tractor! (Or is that what some of you are running?)

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

Default Re: Just trying to get terminology straight here: Remote valves

Quote Originally Posted by MrWhippy View Post
    When y'all talk about 2 remote valves (or 2 sets), you're talking 2 female hydraulic couplers, yes?

When I read 2 sets, it makes me think of 4 hydraulic couplers, not just 2. In another thread, someone said that they'd optimally have 5 sets of remote valves. I can't imagine having 10 couplers at the back of the tractor! (Or is that what some of you are running?)
    yes 1 set of remotes is 2 valve hookups.an 2 sets is 4 hookups.1 set is standard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45C 2005

Hey Nate I just PM'd you.
    Practicing the ancient oriental art of ren-ching.

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

I can't imagine having 10 couplers at the back of the tractor! (Or is that what some of you are running?)
    My JD 6415 has 6 remotes, but they are not all at the back of the tractor. It has a three function mid valve (a three valve stack, two are for the loader and the third for a loader attachment) , and three rear SCVs (selective control valves) each with a pair of female couplers. So only six at the rear
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Most hydraulic cylinders (rams) on tractor implements are double-acting devices that require two hydraulic hoses. So each hydraulic remote consists of one control valve and a pair of quick disconnects. I have triple removes (three valves and 6 QDs) on the rear of my 2008 Mahindra 5525.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Here is a picture of my three remotes.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

on SCUTS and CUT (sub compact utility tractors, compact utility tractors) you most likely will not see a gob of valves and remotes. but as you get into bigger equipment and heavier equipment for 3pt hitch, you end up having "road wheels" that lift up and down with hyd cylinders. then possibly wings that unfold in both directions. then perhaps some sort of angle adjustment, then you have TNT (Top aNd Tilt) top link on 3pt hitch, and side link on 3pt hitch gets replaced with hyd cylinder. you also have some things with hyd motors on them. it all adds up needing more and more valves/levers right in reach of the seat. and running 2 hoses per valve to rear end of tractor.

i figure for most folks in smaller size SCUTs to CUTs sized tractors, 2 valves/levers for a total of 4 quick disconnects in back, perhaps 3 if going with a TNT setup. will cover majority of 3pt implements out there.

lets take a good size workshop, you have a motor for table saw, a motor for chop saw, a motor for band saw, a motor for a planer, a motor for skill saw, another motor for shop vac, etc... etc... but when you are out on a tractor, you just can not run an extension cord, to an electrical outlet and go. rear hyd remotes are in idea electrical outlets in a shop.
    Ryan

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, Simplicity 18 CFC, Cub Cadet 782

When y'all talk about 2 remote valves (or 2 sets), you're talking 2 female hydraulic couplers, yes? When I read 2 sets, it makes me think of 4 hydraulic couplers, not just 2. In another thread, someone said that they'd optimally have 5 sets of remote valves.
    Yup.

I can't imagine having 10 couplers at the back of the tractor! (Or is that what some of you are running?)
    I have six (female) couplers on my three section Prince SV stack valve that provides my rear remotes .... and I really wish I had gone with a four section valve, although I'm making do ....

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Here is a picture of my three remotes.
    TripleR,

Do you have hose covers on the hoses to your tilt cylinder? The hoses look like you have some pretty tight bends. Especially the top hose. Or is it just the angle on the picture?
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST/LA463 loader JD 318 / 3ph(cat. 0)

Don't have 10 female connectors but I got 8. 2 for top link, 2 for side tilt, 2 for box blade rippers, and 2 for... nothing yet, spares.

-dsc01644-jpg -dsc01646-jpg
    Happy as if I had good sense.
    One orange, one green.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast