Buying Advice 4WD mower advice needed

/ 4WD mower advice needed #1  

ymarianne

Tractor
2008 MF 1531
I have a mid size Massey Ferguson tractor with a finish mower and brush hog. It's too big to mow around the pond, front yard, and barn bank. I have a riding mower but it's no good on banks so I use a push mower. I saw a Kubota BX 4WD mower and now have mower envy. I could also use a backhoe. But I'm also cheap. Any suggestions? Do I have any options other than Deere and Kubota?

/ 4WD mower advice needed #2  
Yes, a MF GC 2400. They are the perfect size for mowing, and also sip the diesel. WHat size MF do you have now?

I have a mid size Massey Ferguson tractor with a finish mower and brush hog. It's too big to mow around the pond, front yard, and barn bank. I have a riding mower but it's no good on banks so I use a push mower. I saw a Kubota BX 4WD mower and now have mower envy. I could also use a backhoe. But I'm also cheap. Any suggestions? Do I have any options other than Deere and Kubota?

/ 4WD mower advice needed #3  
Can you put a fel and backhoe on the 1531? If so that is what I would consider doing.

For the mowing the x749 would be the best choice with the 4x4 and 4 wheel steering this low profile model works great for me living in the mountains.

/ 4WD mower advice needed #4  
2nd the X749.

/ 4WD mower advice needed #6  
Price the X749, then the GC, the GC will give more bang for the buck!!

The existing MF 1531 is a small compact tractor which I suspect is a good match for most small tractor jobs. That is why I asked if the OP can put a fel and backhoe on it. This existing compact would be similar to a Deere 2720 or 3120 in its abilities.

The x749 would be far superior to the GC 2400 for mowing especially on banks and steep slopes. Not saying there is anything wrong with the GC 2400 but it isn't more bang for the buck in this case.

/ 4WD mower advice needed #8  
I mow a lot of ditches and steep inclines have these two machines and love em they both do their thing equally well
there are a lot of different models and makes out there go to your local dealers and take em for a drive try em out

Attachments

• IMG032.jpg
    IMG032.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG033.jpg
    IMG033.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 272
   / 4WD mower advice needed
I have a 1531 MF,works great for brush hogging hills but a bit to big a profile for close to the pond and other steeper stuff. I have a fel on it already. I'm looking for something smaller, at least 20hp and heavier so it won't tip over. I'll check out the x749 and GC 2400. Can they handle a small backhoe?. I don't trust the new made in China John Deeres so will also look for an older model.

/ 4WD mower advice needed #10  
I have a 1531 MF,works great for brush hogging hills but a bit to big a profile for close to the pond and other steeper stuff. I have a fel on it already. I'm looking for something smaller, at least 20hp and heavier so it won't tip over. I'll check out the x749 and GC 2400. Can they handle a small backhoe?. I don't trust the new made in China John Deeres so will also look for an older model.

Can you spread your rear wheels out by swapping them from side to side or by adding wheel spacers? That is what I recommend doing and put the backhoe on the larger of the two machines.

The Deere's you speak of are not made in China, don't know where you got that from. Some of the small Deeres are made by Yanmar and some have Yanmar engines but these are Japan built tractors and engines. The x749 has a Yanmar diesel engine and TuffTorq K92 transmission but is US made.

From what I have heard and seen most all of the brands offered today are really good machines, while I prefer Deere there is alot of good stuff out there to choose from.