Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Farmtrac DTC360 w/FEL

Default Re: 2buy or not 2 buy

Thanks ,Bob, I have read about the PTO driven by the transmission and the part that worries me some is that I'm told this would create problems while mowing with a shredder, since I have no experience either way I really don't see a issue if I make sure to have the overrun clutch thing installed, this basic tractor looks brand new with the OE paint , tires have no wear and no age cracks,several people trying to sell me tractors say this is A BAD DEAL FOR ME, the Mahindra dealer says this is a very simple easy to work on long lasting piece of equipment that taken care will last me many years, so maybe I should (confused again) look a 2nd time to the 02 Mahindra that needs some repair but has p/s and double clutch.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

I think most modern transmission driven PTO tractors do have an internal overrun clutch.
    My JD 850 has a transmission driven PTO w/single stage clutch. It has an inernal overrun clutch, so it doesn't try pushing the tractor with a shredder.
    The PTO does shut off when the clutch is depressed.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Tractor
    Farmtrac DTC360 w/FEL

Thanks Vince, how does your JD single stage clutch work while brush cutting,does the pto stopping cause any problems? That's the only time I can see a problem as while using other implements that don't connect to the pto everything should be okay I think.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

Quote Originally Posted by 4man View Post
    Thanks Vince, how does your JD single stage clutch work while brush cutting,does the pto stopping cause any problems? That's the only time I can see a problem as while using other implements that don't connect to the pto everything should be okay I think.
    Once I start mowing the field I rarely need to push in the clutch, so its not much of a problem.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12