Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Default Re: Help, my head is going to explode!

For what it's worth:

I was in a very similar predicament to you 12 years ago, when I bought my 5410. Wanted a high horsepower tractor to work around my farm, move large square bales as well as a lot of other miscellaneous tasks. At the time the largest CUT was only around 50 HP, which just wasn't enough for a baler. I was forced to go up to a utility and ended up with 85HP, but could have gone less. Now that there's all these high HP CUT's with HST transmissions, I would 100% go that way today. I use both the gear and HST and I love the HST and comfort of the CUT. I love my 5410 and then it was the right decision. I have no doubt you will be happy with a 6040, I just think you might be happier with a similar HP HST CUT.

Tractor
    Kubota L 5240 John Deere 550 Gator Toro 60 in zero turn Toro 44 in walk behind

Default Re: Help, my head is going to explode!

The area you are from and hilly terrain would tell me that a kubota 6040 would be the way to go. With some of the cold temps and snow you will no doubt see a cab tractor may be something you should look at . There is a Kioti dealer in Roanoke now Cavalier Equipment that might have some insight for you . Personally I have a Kubota 5240 that handles the hilly terrain very well and with a cab I could not be happier . If I can help in any way please do not hesitate to ask as I am close to you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12