Comparison weight for loader work versus mowing yard damage

/ weight for loader work versus mowing yard damage #51  
Re: weight for loader work versus mowing yard dama

Boy, wish I had soil that drained that well. I still have spots on my lawn where the turf tires sink in and leave tracks (shallow ruts). This is with a 2000# tractor and mower. When the clay soil gets saturated it tends to hold the water. It has been an unusually wet spring here in the Northeast and the ground has not had much of a chance to dry out.

Jeff

/ weight for loader work versus mowing yard damage #52  

When it rains, we get standing water in our "side yard"...the first picture posted, but it's usually gone in a day if no more rain. The standing water is gone in a day, that is. The ground will be pretty soft for another day.

Just for fun, here's a picture before mowing. This sometimes happens a day or two after a good rain.

OkieG

Attachments

• 284014-MVC-007F.JPG
    284014-MVC-007F.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 143
   / weight for loader work versus mowing yard damage

OkieG,
What kind of fertilizer does it take to grow kids like this? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In summary to this point, we have those who swear by R4's, those who swear at R4's, those who prefer R1's, those who like R3's. I guess it's one of those "Actual mileage may vary" types of things, depends on your lawn, soil type, driving style, etc.

As for me, I put $ down on BX22 + 60" MMM the other day, expect it in this week. I bought both sets of tires, turf and bar. (Only $269 for extra tires & wheels, couldn't pass it up) I'll get the bar tires filled, for now leave turfs unfilled. I have an area in my sideyard, "Mower Hell" : 30° slope, very thick Bermuda grass, conditions tough enough to bring most mortal mowers to their knees. I plan to trial both tire sets + MMM on "Heartbreak Hill", and I'll post results ASAP. Stay tuned...

UncleAl

/ weight for loader work versus mowing yard damage #54  

<font color="blue"> In summary to this point, we have those who swear by R4's, those who swear at R4's, those who prefer R1's, those who like R3's.</font>

Well, Al, it is clear that you fully understand the crisp answer to this eternal question. You can now form your own prejudices and join the rest of us make-believe pundits. Actually, you are well on your way to becoming the resident expert on the question of bar turfs vs. turfs for the BX. I suspect you will settle on one set of the tires and become disinclined to change them. I know you will not get "tired" of having fun on your BX.

/ weight for loader work versus mowing yard damage #55  

Thanx! I bought a machine Sat and Im getting R1s w/ it. jimg

/ weight for loader work versus mowing yard damage #56  

jimg,

Congratulations on your purchase. What did you buy? Please let us know how the R-1s work out for you.

OkieG

/ weight for loader work versus mowing yard damage #57  

A 24d w/ loader, finish mower and snow blower. Planning on picking up a box scraper at a fair later in the yr.