JD4320 vs. Kubota L5240 -- question about lift capacity

/ JD4320 vs. Kubota L5240 -- question about lift capacity #21  
Why does the Deere brochure for the 4000 series tractors list the CX400 loader as lifting 2194 at the pivot?
4000 Tractors Series - Product Catalog/QUOTE]

The 400CX is mechanical self leveling and lifts more at 500 mm ahead then it does at the pivot. Non MSL loaders will lift more at the pivot. The correct measurment to use, no matter what brand is ahead of the pivot point, where your load will actually be.

I didn't major in Physics in college but I find this hard to believe that the 400CX can lift more 20 inches ahead of the pivot point. Seems to go against all the math I know.

/ JD4320 vs. Kubota L5240 -- question about lift capacity #22  
Why does the Deere brochure for the 4000 series tractors list the CX400 loader as lifting 2194 at the pivot?
4000 Tractors Series - Product Catalog/QUOTE]

The 400CX is mechanical self leveling and lifts more at 500 mm ahead then it does at the pivot. Non MSL loaders will lift more at the pivot. The correct measurment to use, no matter what brand is ahead of the pivot point, where your load will actually be.

Totally agree! The pivot pins measurements are usually between 20% and 25% more than the 500mm forward measurement, but the pivot pin measurement has no real world use as tractors do not lift any loads from the pivot pins; the pivot pins measurement is largely a useless figure, but that bigger numbers sell more. The same holds true for the bucket痴 breakout force. That should be measured from the 500mm forward measurement at ground level, but yet some manufacturers are taking measurements from the pivot pins measurement instead. The rule of thumb I use if I do not see a 500mm forward measurement for a loader spec is to subtract 23% off of the pivot pin measurement which will give me an estimated 500mm forward measurement for the loader.

Anyways, I have a 400CX loader and it can lift 2000lbs+ boulders, but I am not lifting them that high. For the bales you are trying to move, you can try the Kubota L5740 or JD 4000 series compact tractor's loaders, but I agree with the other comments to go with a larger AG tractor (Kubota M series or JD 5000 series) with a heftier loader.

/ JD4320 vs. Kubota L5240 -- question about lift capacity #23  
I would also like to suggest going to a larger frame tractor. My 2cents is the added weight of the tractor will give you more stability. And from a subjective point of view is when you're picking up a large 6x6 bale (doesn't matter what the weight is) that HUGE load in front of your eyes will seem abit smaller with a larger framed tractor. Also with a larger frame tractor it will be easier to see where you're going.

Good hunting.

/ JD4320 vs. Kubota L5240 -- question about lift capacity #24  
If you go with Deere I'd at least bump up to the 4520 for the Auto-Throttle alone, it's worth it, not sure if it's on the 4320. It's std. on the L5240.

/ JD4320 vs. Kubota L5240 -- question about lift capacity #25  
Just a quick comment here... You can buy an M5140 with a much larger LA1153 loader for basicly the same price as an L5240. Given your right at the mechanical and safty limits here, why not just choose a model thats better for the job?

/ JD4320 vs. Kubota L5240 -- question about lift capacity #26  

I didn't major in Physics in college but I find this hard to believe that the 400CX can lift more 20 inches ahead of the pivot point. Seems to go against all the math I know.
The mechanical self leveling linkage reacts the weight that is ahead of the pivots back to a point above the pivot on the loader frame uprights. This attachment point causes the bucket to uncurl as the loader arms rise. This means the load in the bucket rises slower than it would without the linkage. The linkage thus slows and aids the lift. ... Even in a static condition the load ahead of the pins reacts thru the linkage and lessens the hyd pressure needed to hold the load.
larry