Buying Advice Would you trade?

/ Would you trade? #1  

Doty

Tractor
JD 2320. X530
I currently own a 2003 Kubota B7500 w/750 hrs (see profile) with a MMM and no FEL and have the opportunity to trade for a new JD2320 with a MMM and FEL. The dealer asks for my tractor and 8K. Would I be disappointed? Would you trade? Other considerations? Thanks in advance for your input...

/ Would you trade? #2  
Without going into a Kubota / JD debate, you'd be moving up a couple of HP, moving up from 2003 - 2012??, gaining a FEL. The price of the FEL is probably 1/2 of that, so effectively the cost of the deal is about $4K. Financially it sounds like a good deal to me. For me personally, I can't imagine a CUT without a FEL / Bucket and in addition I find countless uses for a set of pallet forks. From that viewpoint, I don't see how you could be disappointed if you trade. Only you can decide if the features / ergonomics etc of the JD are to your liking.

You could check Tractorhouse.com to check asking prices.

/ Would you trade? #3  
Sounds like a good deal for you, a better one would be a 2520 similarly priced. More hydraulic flow for faster cycle times with a fel.

/ Would you trade? #4  
2520 the second stage hydraulics are a real step up. Only down side I have with mine wish it had a mid range gear.
Good luck