Where is the best place to by tractor tires....

/ Where is the best place to by tractor tires.... #1  

mx842

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301, PowerKing 2414, John Deere 316, Gravely ZT HD 52
Who has the best price for tractor tires? Looking for 2) 13.6-28 and 2) 6.5-16 tires for a 4x4 2525 JD tractor.

/ Where is the best place to by tractor tires.... #2  
My local country tire store helps me out , when they cant find the size i call tucker tire in tn

/ Where is the best place to by tractor tires.... #4  
First, let me suggest that you add your general location to your profile/signature, so that people around you can be of more help. :thumbsup: If I knew that you lived near me, I could give you names and phone numbers.

Call around to several local tire shops for quotes. The difference in prices will probably surprise you.
And, I suggest going local (if you can) for several reasons:
If the local tire shop is a "mom & pop" operation, they need your business to survive.
Most local shops have several suppliers that they can buy from. They can do much of the shopping for you.
You will need to get tires mounted anyway, so why not buy them from someone who can do that. (many local shops include mounting in their price)
If you purchase online or by phone, shipping charges can be pretty outrageous on "oversize" items like tires. It could offset any savings over buying locally.

In addition to regular tire shops, also check any local "Farmer's Co-op." Sometimes, they can be a bargain source for tractor tires. (but may not offer mounting)

/ Where is the best place to by tractor tires.... #5  
Try to shop with your locally owned dealers if possible. OK to check online pricing for comparison but take into consideration shipping plus mounting fees. If you do end up ordering online be sure to check mounting fees with local shops, some shops may add a surcharge for mounting if you bring you own new tires and rightly so. Kind of link taking your own bacon & eggs to an Ihop and asking them to cook them for you.

/ Where is the best place to by tractor tires.... #6  
try tucker tire....

/ Where is the best place to by tractor tires.... #7  
Just bought a set for my tractor a few months ago. I checked on line prices. Then, called my local mom & pop tire shop. The price on line was only a few bucks less ( maybe $40.00) after shipping & mom & pop mounted the tires for me. I let the local shop know that they were $40.00 more than the on line price but, I chose to support them incase I ever had a flat that needed repaired

/ Where is the best place to by tractor tires.... #8  
I buy my tires from a local privately owned tire store, the owner has always been fair with me, why look elsewhere.

/ Where is the best place to by tractor tires....
Thanks Guys! I guess I should have asked what you guys were paying for a set or tires like these. I did check all over the country after I checked locally and just about every place I checked was cheaper...a lot cheaper than the local tire stores. I had a little time yesterday after I posted this and ran across Tucker tire and the Nebraska tire place that someone so kindly mentioned also. Tucker seemed like they had the best all around deal as they had some already mounted on new rims that even after shipping was cheaper than what I found here. These are for my buddy's tractor that he just stole from a guy that needed some cash. He bought this machine for $7,000.00 and it has an enclosed cab, AC, A jamming stereo, spreader box, big bucket and a root rake with a clam shell attachment. All it needs is some good rubber as the rest of the machine looks like it has hardly been used. Some guys have all the luck where I could throw a hundred dollars in a bucket and not come up with 10 cents in change.:yuck:

/ Where is the best place to by tractor tires.... #10  
I had a simular experience last month. I needed front R-1 tires for my 'bota. (7.2X16) Called/visited all local tire shops, nobody ever heard of 7.2
On-line had close sizes; 7.0, 7.5 and 8.0.... Finally called the next towns County CO-OP who said that Kabota had discontinued the 7.2 and was using a 7.0.....and they could get and mount them for $330.
I then called the local JD dealer (much closer), whom I have been dealing with for 2 years and was told that the tires would be $500 PLUS shipping PLUS mounting.
OK...thank you very much. Guess County Co-op gets all my future business.
:stirthepot: