Price Check Another John Deer 1050 Price Opinion

/ Another John Deer 1050 Price Opinion #1  

jcp6649

Tractor
John Deere 1050
Hi all, I wanted to get a 2nd or 3rd opinion on a JD 1050 2wd I've been looking at. It looks great...no leaks and no rust. I was able to drive around the seller's back field and it handles nicely. It doesn't have power steering but isn't too bad. The PTO engages nicely and worked well with one of his bush hogs. The back lift worked well too....additionally all the lights worked and it also had good breaks. Under the hood, no rust and pretty clean. The gauge shows 870 hours and it runs great. He was asking 6400 for the tractor and scrape blade. We finally agreed on both tractor and implement for 5700. I personally think it's fair but I will admit that this is my first tractor purchase and I am basing my research on other sales and auctions. Thoughts? TractorPic1.JPGTractorPic2.JPGTractorPic3.JPGTractorPic4.JPG

/ Another John Deer 1050 Price Opinion #2  
I don't think you hurt yourself...you'll have plenty of PTO HP for what I think you'll be doing... my brother has an 850 (little brother to the 1050) and it runs flawlessly and still looks brand new...suggest you change out all the fluids, inlcuding the anti-freeze (at least check the specif gravity of it/ascertain freeze point). Good luck, keep the pics coming. bobg in va

/ Another John Deer 1050 Price Opinion #3  
I don't know about the 2WD 1050, but, I just bought a 1988 1050 about 4 weeks ago:

2000 hrs
MFWD
Model 75 Loader
Model 8 Backhoe
$8,500

I think I got lucky with my purchase though. So far, I love this tractor, although with mine, I have a few repairs to do (fix tooth on loader, hydraulic leak on backhoe hose, replace spotlight on back).

Good luck!
JD1050-1.jpgJD1050-2.jpgJD1050-3.jpgJD1050-4.jpgJD1050-5.jpgJD1050-6.jpg

Attachments

• JD1050-3avatar.jpg
    JD1050-3avatar.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 103
   / Another John Deer 1050 Price Opinion
Thanks for the responses! I wanted to mention that this tractor would be used primarily for planting spring and fall foodplots and keeping the roads mowed down. I am sure the garden will expand as well.

/ Another John Deer 1050 Price Opinion #5  
Good job. Tractor is in mint condition and worth the price. I am trying to sell my 1050 4wd for 6 k and it has 3 times the hours and is in need of tires shortly. So you did great. Tractor can handle a 5 ft bushog and scrape blade with 2wd great. Don't push it with 6 ft attachments.