Buying Advice Is 2,500 good for a Ford 1510?

/ Is 2,500 good for a Ford 1510? #1  

gatordog

Tractor
1980 MF 280, 1979 IH 684
Newbie, but need advice. I am looking at a Ford 1510 tomorrow and was wondering if 2,500 is a good price. It is 2 wheel drive, needs paint, but the rear tires look very good.

I will use it with a box spreader, also need to buy a push, shredder, and loader tractor.jpg

/ Is 2,500 good for a Ford 1510? #2  
If it runs, doesn't blow blue smoke, the 3PTH and PTO work then that isn't a bad price. However, you might be better off waiting to find one with a loader attached. Depends on how urgently you need one.

/ Is 2,500 good for a Ford 1510?
Thanks, yes I say that the loaders are just as expensive as the tractors. My problem is that tractors are very expensive down here in South Texas, since everything goes to Central and South America. I might get this machine for working in tight areas and use it for 2 row equipment, auger and mowing and get a 70 to 100 horse with a bigger loader later. Maybe a Ford 7700. I wonder if the 7700 are as good as these little tractors? I am on 400 acres, but I don't farm it. Still need a tractor to help keep the area looking clean. Need a barn now

/ Is 2,500 good for a Ford 1510? #4  
To buy a used tractor without a loader means that the cost will probably keep it that way. The larger ford tractor although lacking of some features has always been a good basic tractor and is capable of doing a good days work for you.

/ Is 2,500 good for a Ford 1510?
Thanks for the reply, going to keep looking. The 1510 had 2 large holes in the block where a piston decide to leave. He had the motor fixed, and it was running, but the holes were repaired with silicone. I am no expert, but I don't think that will last.

I will keep looking, seems that the Fords seem to have the best price, per hp and features. John Deere's are way to high

/ Is 2,500 good for a Ford 1510? #6  
Spend the extra money an time an find one with 4WD, or you will regret it, I bought one with 4WD not knowing the difference it made an the price was right, sometime I would forget to put it in 4wd an it was helpless it would spin down pulling a Disc in soft soil in the garden, forget about Loader with 2WD plenty of power but will spin down an crossing small ditches you will get hung up the wheel not touching will spin but with 4wd you get Differential lock that makes all four pull to get you out of a bind! I kept mine 5 years before I up graded

/ Is 2,500 good for a Ford 1510? #7  
Thanks for the reply, going to keep looking. The 1510 had 2 large holes in the block where a piston decide to leave. He had the motor fixed, and it was running, but the holes were repaired with silicone. I am no expert, but I don't think that will last.

I will keep looking, seems that the Fords seem to have the best price, per hp and features. John Deere's are way to high

Oh my, I wish you would have taken pictures of this contraption to share with us! :laughing: