What is a 30 Hp 4x4 tractor that is particularly wide track?

/ What is a 30 Hp 4x4 tractor that is particularly wide track? #1  

jd49

Tractor
1949 JD MC crawler, 2000 JD 4400
Howdy, I live on rather steep terrain and my Kubota B2910 is very narrow and not very stable. The front tires are 37" c to c , or about 44" outside to outside. I'm wondering if there is some other similar tractor that can be set up to be much wider than that? I do have water in the rear tires, and having weight on the three point helps a lot, but there are times like when you have to make a turn across a hill with a heavy trailer behind you that it can be pretty scary. Thanks for any replies.

/ What is a 30 Hp 4x4 tractor that is particularly wide track? #2  
Yes
a bigger tractor something in the 50 hp non compact range with 16.9 or 18.4 rear tires and 12 or so front tires.

Otherwise add duals on the back and wider tires and rims on the front.

/ What is a 30 Hp 4x4 tractor that is particularly wide track? #3  
Otherwise add duals on the back and wider tires and rims on the front.

If your tractor is fine in all areas except stability, then perhaps adding duals is the answer. There are threads and even videos of duals on BXs...and there are posts and pics of flipped BXs without duals, too. :eek:

/ What is a 30 Hp 4x4 tractor that is particularly wide track? #4  
How about adding rear wheel spacers? The factory spacers add 3 inches of width total, for wider you'd need aftermarket spacers.

/ What is a 30 Hp 4x4 tractor that is particularly wide track? #5  
you did not mention a FEL (front end loader), and you mentioned heavy trailer. with that i would say front weights, or buying a FEL to help add front weight, to keep front from getting light.

if you have ag / R1 tires, you might consider loader/R3 rear tires or turf tires, on rear. both tire types will be wider than R1's sadly if you have R1's it also most likely means getting new rims for R3 or turf tires on rear. if tractor is 4wd or MFWD if you get new tires you will most likely need new front tires to keep ratio's correct and not mess up the 4wd or MFWD on tractor.

pending on tractor, you might be able to swap left and right rear tires around. (to keep tread pattern in correct direction) and obtain a couple more inches in width ((rims of the tires is the key))

instead of using a 3pt hitch attachment to connect trailer to tractor. use the swinging drawbar located just below the PTO shaft on rear of tractor, (you may need to buy this) some times this may not be included.

as others said, wheel spacers, to duals on rear.

/ What is a 30 Hp 4x4 tractor that is particularly wide track? #6  
Fluid in the tires will help too.

/ What is a 30 Hp 4x4 tractor that is particularly wide track?
The Kubota rear wheel spacers would not make much difference in track width, and I would be hesitant about using non Kubota kits to widen it out. Couldn't these kits overload the axle and bearings? That is why my question really is whether there is another model tractor that is much wider in its stock form. Thanks for the replies.

/ What is a 30 Hp 4x4 tractor that is particularly wide track? #9  
if you have ag / R1 tires, you might consider loader/R3 rear tires or turf tires, on rear. both tire types will be wider than R1's sadly if you have R1's it also most likely means getting new rims for R3 or turf tires on rear. if tractor is 4wd or MFWD if you get new tires you will most likely need new front tires to keep ratio's correct and not mess up the 4wd or MFWD on tractor.

We have a lot of hills and I have to agree with you about the tires. So far, industrial loader tread seems better than the turfs because of the heavy sidewall. Both also lower the CG. Yes, changing to a wider tire normally requires new wheels. Sometimes it's possible to use the same front wheels, but that needs checking as keeping the 4x4 axle ratio right is also important. If cost is a problem my advice would be to change the fronts to wide industrial type (or even automotive) and leave the high dollar tires/wheels on the rear but set them out as far as possible. Either reverse them or put on rear spacers or do both. Whatever is necessary, but it is critical on hillside that one not be running lugged tires on the front.
Luck, rScotty

/ What is a 30 Hp 4x4 tractor that is particularly wide track? #10  
Ventrac is built for stability on slopes I understand, that might also be an option