2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
IF after trying the 3, you like the mahindra...but want more power...
Is the 3616 priced too high? Am I wrong in saying thats the 3016 with more power?

Well, the Mahindra's power wasn't really my issue with it. It was lack of telescoping links which people seem to swear by. We'll see if it's something modifiable. The $500 I save going Mahindra could result in some creative solutions. Also like the 0% financing. As for the 3616.. just out of my reach. Quote was as follows:

3016 HST with SSQA FEL: $17,000
3616 HST: $19,200, no SSQA bucket.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
It sounds like you are leaning toward the NH, I mean after all it is blue:) I think the biggest thing is when you sit and hopefully get to operate them some, you will pick a winner pretty quick.. I was attracted to a Cub Cadet by Yanmar about 3 years ago and sat on it and drove it around for a few minutes and hated it. I sat on a Kubota, and said "ok this will work" They do sit and layout different, while I think you could adapt to anything, you will have instant opinions when your butt hits the seat.
James K0UA

I hear many here talking about feeling cramped or not liking the layout of the operator area. At 5'8", I don't know if it's going to be as much an issue but for sure, I'll want to feel if the layout "works" for me.

The real irony is that I could have come this far and formed impressions, all the while never having actually operated any of them! Feel like I've made a bunch of friends here, had a great time learning from you guys, and doing my research. Now it all comes down to my dealer visits. BTW, I do like blue. Heck, my Jeep is blue. But the last car was red and I'll be riding my orange Sportsman 500 all this hunting season :laughing:

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #93  
I cannot remember if you mentioned, have you operated a CUT sized tractor before?.. The modern ones make it pretty easy of course to move them around, but to operate the FEL with efficiency, it does take some practice. The key to safe operation is to just keep thinking about every move you will make. Of course it is great fun, but you can get hurt if you are careless. Operating the tractor is good therapy for me, as I can focus on what I am doing and forget all about work:) Good luck in what ever you choose.

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #94  
Someone mentioned that the kioti didn't have a 3 position remote. The remote on my kioti is 3 position: float, lock back, momentary forward. They offer an alternative that doesn't lock in either position, and I think you can easily remove the detent from the 3 position one, making it not lock in either direction if you want.

I think all these tractors would make you happy. Ride them and make your best deal.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #95  
Well, the Mahindra's power wasn't really my issue with it. It was lack of telescoping links which people seem to swear by. We'll see if it's something modifiable. The $500 I save going Mahindra could result in some creative solutions. Also like the 0% financing. As for the 3616.. just out of my reach. Quote was as follows:

3016 HST with SSQA FEL: $17,000
3616 HST: $19,200, no SSQA bucket.

I may be wrong, but I believe that the ML115 loader that comes on the 3016 & 3616 only comes as a SSQA assembly. If you ask the sales person reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal nice, you may get a better price on that 3616. ;)

With the $$$ saved with the 3016, you could get yourself a nice qu!ck h!tch setup. And since you will be purchasing all of your implements, there really is no reason to not purchase QH compatible implements and therefore there would be no reason to have the extend-able lower links. Just a thought. :cool:

Last edited:
   / 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #96  
Or I will sell you my Carters for less than a third of that. Here is their website.. You would not need the bar if it has telescoping side sway links as you can set your distance with them. With the Pats they click in, but you still have to get off to attach the top link. With the carters you also have to slide in the top pin and keeper. Only takes seconds, and no cursing:) Dont forget about the larger Quick hitches also from Speco, Harbor Freight, and John Deere.

Welcome to CARTER AND SON'S TOOL AND DIE

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #97  
Someone mentioned that the kioti didn't have a 3 position remote. The remote on my kioti is 3 position: float, lock back, momentary forward. They offer an alternative that doesn't lock in either position, and I think you can easily remove the detent from the 3 position one, making it not lock in either direction if you want.

I think all these tractors would make you happy. Ride them and make your best deal.

That was me talking about the float position valves. This is the first time that I have ever heard that Kioti CKs had float position available. :cool2: All that I have ever seen at the AG shows is the simple 3 position valves and read about the valves that had the detent for the log splitters or the back hoes, but never saw or read about any of them having the float position. This is good to know. ;)

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #98  
That was me talking about the float position valves. This is the first time that I have ever heard that Kioti CKs had float position available. :cool2: All that I have ever seen at the AG shows is the simple 3 position valves and read about the valves that had the detent for the log splitters or the back hoes, but never saw or read about any of them having the float position. This is good to know. ;)

I don't think Bobcat offers the float valve.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #99  
I don't think Bobcat offers the float valve.

I didn't either, but Gittyup says that his Kioti does. :confused3: So are you thinking that what Bobcat offers is different than Kioti?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #100  
I didn't either, but Gittyup says that his does. :confused3:

Mine had a detent in forward and reverse positions where the valve would stay on. If did a side link on the CT235 I had I was going to get a Kioti float valve for it.