Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    Precisely. One. That is the HST discussed in the thread.

Who else had the HST replaced?

Some people did not report fully but it seemed that everyone who mentioned lubrication said it resolved the problem.
    He said his dealer said that was the only true fix.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    He said his dealer said that was the only true fix.
    ... for his machine. Perhaps that is the real context. I say this because I've read hundreds of Kioti threads over the past 6 years and can recall very very few HST problems of any sort. One or two not returning to neutral. One or two with low power (sometimes discovered foreign material in tranny impeding fluid flow when tractor split for repair). Some in the 25/27 HP models complained of insufficient power in high range (probably more a combination of weight/HP/gearing). And that's about it. I don't have the HST, but I don't believe Kioti's HST is any worse than any other brand's. This should not be a factor for potential buyers, at least not in the 30/35 hp model. It is the weight of the CK coupled with 3 range HST that makes me suggest the CK35 as the best of the bunch. Though the CK30 would be just fine too.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, x758, L130

I noticed in another thread today that Kioto Ken says he is very partial to his Kioti so apparently the issues he had have been corrected and he is satisfied with it. I agree with the others here I wouldn't fret over this.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 Gear Ag Tires

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph
    I noticed in another thread today that Kioto Ken says he is very partial to his Kioti so apparently the issues he had have been corrected and he is satisfied with it. I agree with the others here I wouldn't fret over this.
    I believe kiotiken traded for a dk because of so many issues with his small kioti. I do think kioti is a good brand too. It's just all brands have issues from time to time and no reason to sweep them under the rug when they are known.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1710, Ford 5600, NH Workmaster 55

Quote Originally Posted by BoonDoc View Post
    Acknowledged. But as a complete novice who's about to drop close to 20G, I put it out there to see what the huge knowledge pool here thinks. I'd hate to be told later, "didn't you know about the ... issues on such and such brand?". This is just proper vetting and I thank you and the others for the positive feedback. Sounds like all the 30HP range are top notch issue wise.

Best,
    Doc
    Reading this, it seems to me that once you've narrowed it down to a couple brands, you should really make the decision based on the dealer support.. If they're both from the same dealer, then price is king.

In my case, my new (last fall) NH tractor had a problem related to setup. Two weeks after I discovered the problem (we had been using the tractor for 9 months), everything was completely resolved, with the dealer (Messicks) stepping up and doing everything possible to make things right.

Any tractor can have a problem, it's how the dealer handles it that really makes the difference.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, x758, L130

Mr Whippy,
    Some very good points, best to stay focused and not make the buying process overly complicated, easy to get lost in it. Nice to hear Messicks stepped up and made you whole, seems to be a good dealer from what I read here.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2012 New Holland Boomer 30

I'm relieved to know that nobody has called out any brand or model as a bad choice. I'm confident that I'll be happy no matter the choice. I'm leaning towards the Kioti at the moment. NH dealer said the Boomer has telescoping links as an option. Kioti has all the bells and whistles. Someone pitched a great question to me yesterday. Why not get the CK35? For him, it was only $800 extra. If the dealer has it in stock and is willing to do the same package at $800, I'm inclined to do it. If my ride experience between them is otherwise same.
    weekends are a renewable resource

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I think the hydro in the Ck35 is a little bit more heavy duty.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

I agree with everyone that u r doing a great analysis. As long as the tractor u choose is comfortable and can safely move, haul, pull, power what u want, then brand is personal preference/enjoyment. If u like one dealer more, that plays a role, as mentioned. Convenience is worth extra money...

Enjoy your dealer seat time as u make your final selection.
    http://www.ohr.edu/838
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BfhxL_JTI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UEVoSJmfs

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I think the hydro in the Ck35 is a little bit more heavy duty.
    There is no difference in HST trannies on any of the CK27/30/35's. Just different engines with more or less HP. Everything else is identical.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast