2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #161  
hmm... well, I think, if I press in the clutch on the max28, the LIVE pto would "coast", but I wouldn't expect the transmission to coast. Maybe it would. I'll have to test that out in the future. I have also not tried to disengage the pto switch while moving, with the clutch pressed in. I've never thought about all of that activity at once.

My 1710 was the same way, in theory, but honestly, it was always easier to fully depress the clutch rather than chance crashing the gears. On the WM55, I can engage and disengage by just pushing/pulling the lever.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #162  
Live PTO on gear drive with 2 stage clutch - push clutch part way in to shift gears or shuttle, push fulling to engage PTO or stop PTO. Live PTO on gear drive with single stage clucth - push in clutch and both ground drive and PTO drive stop. Live PTO on HST - Use clutch only to engage/stop PTO, or shift into higher gear range. Use HST pedal to adjust ground travel, stop, or reverse direction.
If I had gear drive would definitely want Independant PTO or oon HST only if I had application that required PTO on and off frequently while traveling. I like the Live PTO on mine (same as the Kioti) for the 3 PTO implements I have, allows me to slowly engage and bring implement upto desired roatation speed wihout any sudden jarring and with the post hoe digger I think it is easier to use controling it with the clutch.
Live or Independant on these 2 tractor choices would not be a deal maker or breaker to me.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #163  
Thank-you for educating me regarding PTO types and uses.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #164  
My Opinion... the Independent electric is Ok and so is the Live clutch actuated.. I have the independent electric switch actuated on my current tractor.. Last tractor was a clutch actuated live PTO and it was fine too. In fact I liked the Live PTO on the Kubota because you could spin up the PTO a little softer. The electric/hydraulic Independent PTO is harsher spinning up. I just make sure I am at idle when I hit the switch, as otherwise you would run a risk of damaging shear bolts. Either will work. And with hydrostat when you change directions you don't touch the clutch anyway when mowing so the PTO keeps on singing at 540.

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #165  
When I bought my Mahindra 3215 HST, one of the BIG deciding factors for buying it vs the shuttle shift tractor was the live PTO. Almost all of the different brands at the time had talk about the PTOs having the sudden hard hydraulic engagement and I wanted to be able to feather the engagment with a clutch. This has worked out very well for me.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #166  
Many independent PTOs use an electric solenoid to actuate/deactuate the clutch plate as opposed to the mechanical lever action of live. This adds complexity, and may fail more readily than live PTO. That said, I have a JD with independent PTO and it's been going strong now 19 years. But, this is only a top-of-the-line lawn mower. So, the pto gets turned on once a week, and back off once a week (generally speaking). Unlike a working tractor, where it might be exercised hundreds of times more. I have both live and independent on my machines. I prefer the live for tractor work. But, it's not really a decision maker (for me) when buying equipment.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #167  
The trouble with feathering the pto clutch is this increase the wear considerably compared to a faster engagement. Just like riding the clutch can cause premature failure you wind up having to change the clutch and splitting the tractor to do it in the process. All of my independent pto's are electric/hydraulic with wet discs from the lawnmower on up, as long as you idle down the engagement is smooth enough not to be a problem. I like the Deere pto switches that you pull up to engage because if you need to shut it down in a hurry all you do is tap down on the switch. That is much faster than pushing in the clutch to the floor and then moving the lever to the off position. Mowing down a steep slope or up a steep slope no one would want to push in the clutch to disengage the mower. BTDT.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #168  
You tap the pto switch on L4240 to disengage the pto too, I like that feature.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #169  
You seem like you like the Kioti, did you look at a Bobcat? They are the same.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #170  
I'll move up to a CK35 if it's only $800 more as one poster said was the deal for him.
That's an extra 4HP.

The CK35 has a bigger HST pump and motor (28 vs 23cc/rev) and it runs a higher
HST relief pressure, 4270 vs. 3980 psi. So the CK35 makes use of that extra power.
I would have paid the extra $ for the 35 if it was available when I bought my CK30s
back in 05.