Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

Quote Originally Posted by dfkrug View Post
    The CK35 has a bigger HST pump and motor (28 vs 23cc/rev) and it runs a higher
    HST relief pressure, 4270 vs. 3980 psi. So the CK35 makes use of that extra power.
    I would have paid the extra $ for the 35 if it was available when I bought my CK30s
    back in 05.
    I thought the hydros were different that the other CK's. I read that on here and a I asked a mechanic and he said it was different but I could not find the thread where it was being discussed.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I think this is the longest thread I have ever read and the OP still hasnt sat on a tractor yet.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp CC AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler
    I think this is the longest thread I have ever read and the OP still hasnt sat on a tractor yet.
    That's what makes it the thriller it is... SUSPENSE!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke*

If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free. Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Tractor
    Kioti DK45se HST - Rhino 660 4X4 - Snapper Pro ZTR - Craftsmen mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    Wow- Now that brings up a thought. Perhaps we could have a contest - kinda like the 3 millionth post- that guesses when an actual tractor test drive occurs!!!
    Doug P

Tractor

I thought he had driven some tractors. I know he has not been on a Mahindra.
    Roger

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I thought the hydros were different that the other CK's. I read
    that on here and a I asked a mechanic and he said it was different but I could not find the
    thread where it was being discussed.
    There were a couple of TBN threads about the HST differences, but very little was posted
    about the CK35 specs. I recently found the volume differences in the CK35 service manual.
    I had hoped to get someone to post specs on it and the Bobcat equivalent, CT235.

Supposedly, the Bobcat service manual is much different....better, I hope.
    See my TBN projects at:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/resyfcgt/

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2012 New Holland Boomer 30

I must say, both the CK30 and Boomer 30 felt very, very similar. Similar layout, size, curved loader arms, position of joystick control. The conveniences were the same too. Cup holder in slightly different place, lol. Not sure about the HST pedal. Felt odd moving same pedal forward and reverse. Despite touting the "superb visibility" that comes with the downward curved Boomer arms, the Kioti's were curved as well, and had slightly better visibility when lifting the bucket. The Kioti's arms were stabilized by a large bar between the two arms, located just forward of the steering wheel. Boomer lacked that. Significant? Who knows..just one of the few slight differences I noticed. Ah, also the NH had a cushy seat cover and really sank when I sat on it.. Anyway.. feel of the two? The Boomer felt just slightly more substantial. Kioti's knobs, looking a bit worn already just from being on the lot, were slightly smaller. I felt as though the rear wheels on the NH were a hair larger but not sure. Independent PTO was a great plus. Last but not least, The NH dealer was just 17 miles from my camp that beat the original price by a couple hundred and came well recommended by neighbors. Kioti is 45 miles but I'd be dealing with the owner himself, not the salesman. Not huge, but when I need to trailer it back for service, it counts. NH with it's 2 gross HP less, had the same PTO power, slightly more 3PH lift. Ironically, on the trip back from camp, we passed highway construction and noticed a fleet of shiny blue New Hollands. Not the same as the Boomer, I know, but nice to see the brand everywhere.

Never did see the Mahindras in person, but they lacked a few of the things that I felt would be important to me and are a bit far from my place.

Tough call, but looks like I'm going with the NH. Unless, of course, the first dealer pitches a better ball on the Kioti 35. What a tough choice.

Doc
    Last edited by BoonDoc; 09-16-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    weekends are a renewable resource

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2012 New Holland Boomer 30

Gonna be doing mostly dirt road repairs, skidding some logs, running gravel in the bucket, and making the ground ready for planting. Really like the wide beefy look of the industrial tires most of my neighbors run here. The Ags looked skinny. On dry well packed grass, like a field, will the Ag's tear up the lawn? I'd prefer traction, but don't want to rip up the roads and grass everywhere I go. I'm thinking the industrials might be a good compromise.
    weekends are a renewable resource

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by BoonDoc View Post
    Gonna be doing mostly dirt road repairs, skidding some logs, running gravel in the bucket, and making the ground ready for planting. Really like the wide beefy look of the industrial tires most of my neighbors run here. The Ags looked skinny. On dry well packed grass, like a field, will the Ag's tear up the lawn? I'd prefer traction, but don't want to rip up the roads and grass everywhere I go. I'm thinking the industrials might be a good compromise.
    They are. for Max traction especially in mud, the Ags are best.. but If you are in the least worried about tearing up grass.. go with Industrials.. Most of us do. I have had Ags, and they are best in mud and soft earth,, Industrial are best for loader work, they are stronger, and wider, and more puncture resistant, and while not as good on "turf" as turf.. they are far better than Ag's

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor

R4's are more snag resistant, so if you are using it in the woods they would be best. Industrials are more stable. I have r4's on the bobcat and never got stuck. The r'4s will allow for more flotation over mud too.
    Roger

My Threads

My YouTube Channel

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast