2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #201  
Congratulation on your new tractor. I am sure you are going to love it. A long road but looks like you got there in good shape! I only have the one remote.. I am glad I have it, but I have not used it yet.. Top and Tilt is almost critical for ease of grading with box blade or grader blade, but I don't do that. I have thought about getting a grapple some day. I probably will, but I have made out OK with my Forks so far. It sounds like you got the dealer down about as low as you could go. By the way you need some ballast on the back of that machine before you lift anything heavy on the front end. I run 750 lbs on the back in my home made barrel, but I could use more. 750 would be about right I think for your new rig. Good luck with her, and take it easy at first. Oh, and this will be the longest week of your life...:)

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #202  
As Island Tractor said, do not shortchange yourself with hydro capabilities. If you intend to use a grapple, the 3rd (front) circuit with the joystick control makes it effortless.

2 in the rear (also, not in place of the front) adds good versatility for Top n Tilt usage, a very handy capability for grading.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #203  
Here is what wikipedia says about LS. I wonder how close they are to a Mahindra?

I would recommend a good heavy box blade. They are a excellent 1st implement. They are very good for grading and make a good counterweight for when you are using the fel.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
As Island Tractor said, do not shortchange yourself with hydro capabilities. If you intend to use a grapple, the 3rd (front) circuit with the joystick control makes it effortless.

2 in the rear (also, not in place of the front) adds good versatility for Top n Tilt usage, a very handy capability for grading.

Good advice. The NH specs read, "Remote Valves: Optional; max of 2 open center, rear mounted, 3 position, self centering." Do I understand this to mean a total of 2 extra remotes, perhaps one up front, one at the back? Is the 12.3gpm pump enough for most implements?

@Roger: I see box blades second only to FEL on most tractor photos. I thought they're mostly for moving small amounts of dirt/gravel over a short span? Is there an implement a bit more aggressive? My sloped dirt roads have deep gullies and ridges.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #205  
Good advice. The NH specs read, "Remote Valves: Optional; max of 2 open center, rear mounted, 3 position, self centering." Do I understand this to mean a total of 2 extra remotes, perhaps one up front, one at the back? Is the 12.3gpm pump enough for most implements?

@Roger: I see box blades second only to FEL on most tractor photos. I thought they're mostly for moving small amounts of dirt/gravel over a short span? Is there an implement a bit more aggressive? My sloped dirt roads have deep gullies and ridges.

They mean 2 remote valves with the connectors on the back. A 3rd function on your FEL is usually an aftermarket install. Although some are offered OEM. Expecially in larger higher end tractors, I think a box blade will move a lot of dirt to fill gullies and scrape off ridges.. The key is knowing how to use them properly.. and I don't have the practical experience.. But lots of guys here do. A box blade is one of those things that benefits greatly from having at least a hydraulic top link to keep you from getting off and on the tractor a million times to adjust the screwjack toplink. One of the members here sells them at a reasonable price. A complete kit ready to install in a few minutes. His username is MtnViewRanch

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #206  
A box blade would be good for doing road repair. I have used mine to cut ditches too. A box blade does work very well with a hydrualic toplink. Everything attachments has a good video on youtube showing what can be done with a box blade.

At $750 per remote, what do you think of this as an alternative?
V&M Inc.

Gotta add box-blade to the top of my list

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #208  
In 1977 Korea Heavy Industries & Constructions Co. (KHIC) started the tractor business with FIAT technology (currently CNH today). Then in 1983 Gold Star bought KHIC. In 1984 Gold Star became Lucky Gold (LG) Group and started an alliance with Mitsubishi (Japanese) Heavy Industries who made the engines for the LG tractors. In 2008, LS Mtron spun from LG who builds your Boomer 30 now. So this means Mitsubishi makes the engine for your tractor and LS makes the rest of your Boomer 30. Your Boomer 30 is mostly based on the LS R3039 tractor with the smaller S4L Mitsubishi engine in it. The Shibaura tractor legacy with Ford and New Holland is whole another story.

Thanks for the history of the company...
I always find this type of information very interesting...

So this means Mitsubishi makes the engine for your tractor and LS makes the rest of your Boomer 30.

Fascinating. Mitsubishi is a Japanese company, but are their engines still fabricated in Japan or have they outsourced fabrication to China? Seems Lucky Gold, Inc., who makes my TV, is another arm of LS which, as you mentioned, makes my Boomer. If LG quality is any reflexion on LS, I'm happy to report that my TV works great. :laughing: Now, if NH is still married to Fiat, wonder if I can get a better price on the tiny car I see Charlie Sheen driving in that ad..

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #210  
Thanks for the history of the company...
I always find this type of information very interesting...

Fascinating. Mitsubishi is a Japanese company, but are their engines still fabricated in Japan or have they outsourced fabrication to China? Seems Lucky Gold, Inc., who makes my TV, is another arm of LS which, as you mentioned, makes my Boomer. If LG quality is any reflexion on LS, I'm happy to report that my TV works great. :laughing: Now, if NH is still married to Fiat, wonder if I can get a better price on the tiny car I see Charlie Sheen driving in that ad..

Actually, you can find the whole history of LS tractor at the URL links below; it is interesting. Based on LS Group's President's greeting, LS Group spun completely from LG Group in 2004. As for NH, Ford purchased NH around 1985 and then in 1991 Ford sold NH and the tractor division to FIAT. FIAT had to stop using the Ford name on all tractors by 2000. Today, FIAT owns both NH and Case, which formed the subsidiary we know as CNH (Case New Holland) Global N.V. As for where your Mitsubishi engine is made, I am not sure, but hopefully it is still made in Japan; one of the NH dealers on TBN might know this. If not, the engine label on the tractor should tell you if it is made in Japan or somewhere else.

Greeting by the President of LS tractor - LS Tractor
History of LS Tractor (make sure to view both tabs: the 1947-199 tab and 2000~ tab at the top of the page) - LS Tractor
CNH Global Website - CNH >> COMPANY
Mitsubishi NA Engine - Mitsubishi Engine North America, Inc
Mitsubishi Engine models - Engine Series Inquiry