2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #211  
BoonDoc said:
Good advice. The NH specs read, "Remote Valves: Optional; max of 2 open center, rear mounted, 3 position, self centering." Do I understand this to mean a total of 2 extra remotes, perhaps one up front, one at the back? Is the 12.3gpm pump enough for most implements?

@Roger: I see box blades second only to FEL on most tractor photos. I thought they're mostly for moving small amounts of dirt/gravel over a short span? Is there an implement a bit more aggressive? My sloped dirt roads have deep gullies and ridges.

As James noted, remotes are generally in a cluster on the rear of the tractor. If you need hydraulic power elsewhere as with a grapple, you either run a hydraulic hose (cheap and very effective) or you shell out $$$ for either a diverter valve or true third function valve attached to the loader hydraulics. My advice would be to get the two rear remotes and use those before doing anything else. Lots of guys are perfectly happy using just rear remotes to control a grapple. I did that for several years with no complaint. I then got a free diverter valve for the FEL and now use that but honestly if I had to actually pay for a diverter I would just use the rear remote. I made fewer mistakes using the rear remote than with the button on the FEL joystick. If you can drive a stick shift you can control a grapple with a rear remote.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #213  
94BULLITT said:
That turns 1 remote into 2.

It is just a remote diverter valve. Might work fine. Never seen one though.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #214  
I still think you should get the two rear remotes then if you need a remote diverter valve you can add it later. Hydraulic options are expensive but with the new tractor being scheduled for delivery next week I would move forward with this.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
I still think you should get the two rear remotes then if you need a remote diverter valve you can add it later. Hydraulic options are expensive but with the new tractor being scheduled for delivery next week I would move forward with this.

Got it! From what I see, I also don't save a heap with a DIY kit, nor do I have the experience in hydraulics to feel comfortable with it. At $750, I know the dealer does it right and I won't need to skin my knuckles, cuss, or throw my beer can. Savings doing it myself? Marginal. I'll call the dealer.

That was for one. Maybe the second would be cheaper since they have it in the shop already. Saw a few DIY kits with rocker switch. The kits were around the same.
Remote Hydraulic Valve Kit $370 for basic kit without joystick switch or rocker.
New Hydraulic Remote Kit For Lots of Ford Tractors on eBay!$418, and not for NH, but representative of the prices.

I'd pay the $300 extra to have someone like the dealer install them anyway, and it's nice to know they'd back their work.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #218  
Usually on dealer installed options they do not charge for labor. I doubt the second one would be cheaper. The only you might save $25 if you get the kit that has 2 remotes in it because the brackets and few little things.

Was watching the videos at everythingattachment.com that Steve posted the link to. Cool how a good, heavy boxblade with ripping shanks really leveled a dirt road. Now I'm itchin' real bad to try it too! So far, I've got tractor, remotes, box-blade, on the list. It's sure to grow the longer I sit watching these videos!

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #220  
At $750 per remote, what do you think of this as an alternative?
V&M Inc.

Gotta add box-blade to the top of my list

Boy that's plain rip $750.00 for one when LS gives you two with the tractor.