2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #221  
Yikes. When I was getting quotes for tractors, none of them were anywhere near that much installed. Oh well, gotta have at least one (I'd suggest 2).

That was for one. Maybe the second would be cheaper since they have it in the shop already. Saw a few DIY kits with rocker switch. The kits were around the same.
Remote Hydraulic Valve Kit $370 for basic kit without joystick switch or rocker.
New Hydraulic Remote Kit For Lots of Ford Tractors on eBay!$418, and not for NH, but representative of the prices.

I'd pay the $300 extra to have someone like the dealer install them anyway, and it's nice to know they'd back their work.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
I asked the first dealer (Kioti/NH) what he charges for installing two remotes. If the difference between these two dealers is big all the cost savings could evaporate..at the very least, I'm very curious.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #224  
jenkinsph said:
I still think you should get the two rear remotes then if you need a remote diverter valve you can add it later. Hydraulic options are expensive but with the new tractor being scheduled for delivery next week I would move forward with this.

Agree completely.

I'll be grading on a 10ft wide dirt road with plenty of ruts, crowns, rocks, and potholes. Mostly flat and gentle slopes, a few areas maybe a 20 degree grade.

What's the appropriate way to choose the new boxblade for my new tractor? By width for what I need to do, by matching size with the available HP, or by width of the tractor? The charts usually show HP recommended, but there was something about the implement not sticking out far past the rear wheels?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #226  
I'll be grading on a 10ft wide dirt road with plenty of ruts, crowns, rocks, and potholes. Mostly flat and gentle slopes, a few areas maybe a 20 degree grade.

What's the appropriate way to choose the new boxblade for my new tractor? By width for what I need to do, by matching size with the available HP, or by width of the tractor? The charts usually show HP recommended, but there was something about the implement not sticking out far past the rear wheels?

In general, a 30hp tractor will match up with a 6ft box blade. Exceptions might include very dense clay soil which would require a smaller 5ft BB or very occasionally a larger BB but almost everyone with a 30-35hp tractor will end up with a six footer. You then control how you use the BB to match conditions/available traction and power etc. The only other big consideration is whether to get a standard duty, medium duty or heavy duty BB. Almost everyone with a 30hp machine will want a standard duty. The heavier duty box blades are really for professional use or perhaps when you have a 40 or 50hp tractor and still a six foot BB. Standard duty box blades can easily stand up to the "abuse" that can be dished out with a 30hp CUT. The only potential advantage of a heavier duty BB is that they weigh more and therefore dig a bit more aggressively but you can add weight to your BB if that becomes an issue (unlikely with a 30hp CUT).

In general, a 30hp tractor will match up with a 6ft box blade. Exceptions might include very dense clay soil which would require a smaller 5ft BB or very occasionally a larger BB but almost everyone with a 30-35hp tractor will end up with a six footer. You then control how you use the BB to match conditions/available traction and power etc. The only other big consideration is whether to get a standard duty, medium duty or heavy duty BB. Almost everyone with a 30hp machine will want a standard duty. The heavier duty box blades are really for professional use or perhaps when you have a 40 or 50hp tractor and still a six foot BB. Standard duty box blades can easily stand up to the "abuse" that can be dished out with a 30hp CUT. The only potential advantage of a heavier duty BB is that they weigh more and therefore dig a bit more aggressively but you can add weight to your BB if that becomes an issue (unlikely with a 30hp CUT).

That's great practical info, Bullit, thanks! A few weeks ago, I'd never heard of a box blade, but I'm learning quickly. After watching the box blade demo at (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure), I got a sense that the "super duty" box was "better" (and more money), but no explanation is really given to what someone would actually need. Obviously, one would want to sell people on the deluxe model of any item. That's why it's nice to hear from owners like yourself. So I had been thinking of their 5ft 6inch BB in extreme duty and heavy duty.

Everything Attachments 66" XTreme Duty Compact Tractor Box Blade
United 566HD Heavy Duty Tractor Box Blade 66"

Maybe I ought to be considering the 6ft in medium duty instead so I can potentially make one less pass in some areas. Price differences seem small between brands and sized.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #228  
A 6' will work good behing your tractor. I think a woods bs72 would be good for it. It weighs 550lbs. Landpride and Bush hog also have nice box blades.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #229  
I personally would go with as heavy duty 66" unit that could be found, in fact that is what I have for my 32hp Mahindra 3215HST.

You need weight to be able to grade well. The problem with just adding weight to a std duty implement is that the unit is not built to take the additional strain that is put on it by that extra weight. When you have 3/8" or 1/2" steel, not only is the implement heavier, but it is much stronger. One thing leads to another and if a process is skipped, it sometimes leads to failure.

Good luck with your decisions. ;)

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #230  
That's great practical info, Bullit, thanks! A few weeks ago, I'd never heard of a box blade, but I'm learning quickly. After watching the box blade demo at (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure), I got a sense that the "super duty" box was "better" (and more money), but no explanation is really given to what someone would actually need. Obviously, one would want to sell people on the deluxe model of any item. That's why it's nice to hear from owners like yourself. So I had been thinking of their 5ft 6inch BB in extreme duty and heavy duty.

Everything Attachments 66" XTreme Duty Compact Tractor Box Blade
United 566HD Heavy Duty Tractor Box Blade 66"

Maybe I ought to be considering the 6ft in medium duty instead so I can potentially make one less pass in some areas. Price differences seem small between brands and sized.

I think you are on the right track with the heavy duty 66" boxblade, I also agree with MtnViewRanch on almost everything related to boxblades and landplanes. Both of us seem to spend lots of time with these implements. I don't think a six foot standard duty is a bad choice, just not as good as the smaller 66" heavy duty model.