2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
You need weight to be able to grade well.
Good luck with your decisions. ;)

As I suspected. BTW, Brian, what's the implement being used in your Fit Rite Hydraulics page? Looks similar to a box blade but a bit different too. IMG_0401.JPG

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #232  
That's great practical info, Bullit, thanks! A few weeks ago, I'd never heard of a box blade, but I'm learning quickly. After watching the box blade demo at (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure), I got a sense that the "super duty" box was "better" (and more money), but no explanation is really given to what someone would actually need. Obviously, one would want to sell people on the deluxe model of any item. That's why it's nice to hear from owners like yourself. So I had been thinking of their 5ft 6inch BB in extreme duty and heavy duty.

Everything Attachments 66" XTreme Duty Compact Tractor Box Blade
United 566HD Heavy Duty Tractor Box Blade 66"

Maybe I ought to be considering the 6ft in medium duty instead so I can potentially make one less pass in some areas. Price differences seem small between brands and sized.

Don't fall for the marketing hype from Everything Attachments. Their XTreme Duty BB weighs a couple hundred pounds less than the "Standard" duty Woods BB. Box blades can be pretty easily compared just by looking at the weight. Woods makes a 550lb standard duty and also a "industrial" model that weighs 1200lbs in the same width. There is not much to the design of these things so it is all about the weight.

I still think a 72" Standard duty Woods is about as good a match to a 30hp tractor as you are going to find. You can easily increase the weight if necessary and no 30hp tractor on the planet is going to destroy a BSS72 box blade.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #233  
Don't fall for the marketing hype from Everything Attachments. Their XTreme Duty BB weighs a couple hundred pounds less than the "Standard" duty Woods BB. Box blades can be pretty easily compared just by looking at the weight. Woods makes a 550lb standard duty and also a "industrial" model that weighs 1200lbs in the same width. There is not much to the design of these things so it is all about the weight.

I still think a 72" Standard duty Woods is about as good a match to a 30hp tractor as you are going to find. You can easily increase the weight if necessary and no 30hp tractor on the planet is going to destroy a BSS72 box blade.
That is exactly what I thought. If he would ever decide to get a larger tractor the 6ft would work were a 66" may not.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #234  
This is a really nice box box blade. You do not have to have remotes to run the scarfires up and down.

Got it guys, thanks. Weight is king, and as the build of the box is simple, a higher weight equals thicker steel and better build.

BTW, the first dealer (NH/Kioti) spoke with me a while about remotes. NH prices their remots, $700 for the first, $790 for a double. This is because the block installed is either a single or double. Kioti is $350 for a single, and double that for both. The Kioti remotes are not stackable so two separate units need to be installed. In the end, it means a much better price for Kioti owners choosing a single remote. It also means that for those buying NH, choosing double over a single is a no brainer.

I discussed grading my dirt road and he agreed the BB is a great implement. He sells the woods models. He also suggested a grading scraper as another possibility.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #236  
This is a really nice box box blade. You do not have to have remotes to run the scarfires up and down.

Bush Hogs RBX box blades are nice and are solid medium duty units. Much more expensive than their standard duty line though. I don't see the benefit of paying a lot extra for a lever operated scarifier adjustment system when most of us will adjust scarifiers about once or twice a day at most during routine tasks. I'd much rather put the extra money into an extra set of rear remotes to run a top and tilt set up as that is something you will want to adjust many more times. Adjusting scarifier blade height on my Woods BB takes about one minute.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #237  
I discussed grading my dirt road and he agreed the BB is a great implement. He sells the woods models. He also suggested a grading scraper as another possibility.

I don't maintain a road and have never used a grading scraper but they look like really nice tools for that particular application. If you don't have a need for more general box blade work it might be smarter to just get the dedicated tool for road maintenance. There are some guys on here who have experience with both and I presume they will pipe up.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #238  
Bush Hogs RBX box blades are nice and are solid medium duty units. Much more expensive than their standard duty line though. I don't see the benefit of paying a lot extra for a lever operated scarifier adjustment system when most of us will adjust scarifiers about once or twice a day at most during routine tasks. I'd much rather put the extra money into an extra set of rear remotes to run a top and tilt set up as that is something you will want to adjust many more times. Adjusting scarifier blade height on my Woods BB takes about one minute.
Yeah a tnt would be better.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #239  

IslandTractor, I'm guessing that you have not done much grading. When a person has to alter the ground contour, build a road, pretty much any grading of more than a few inches, scarifiers will be needed more than a couple of times a day. Can you do it by hand one at a time, you bet you can. But would it be faster and easier to pull a lever, yes sir it is. Does it cost more money, yes it does. We all have to evaluate what will work best for ourselves and our needs.

Only a few days ago the OP didn't even know what a box blade was, now look at him and how much of an education he has now. All for no cost at the TBN Institute of Tractoring. Actually it isn't at no cost, more than likely closer to 20+K before he's done :laughing:.

TRACTOR U
Tractor Resource & Advice Community: Technical Specs, Opinions from owners, and Research on items of interest