2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #281  
I really loved the single pedal on my L3400HST, but I have transitioned fully to the 2 pedal design on my Kioti now.. It took 2 or 3 days to feel fully comfortable but it just is not a big deal to acclimate to the different design. The only think I can think would be a problem with the single pedal would be if you had arthritis in your ankle and could not articulate it properly, then that would be a problem with the single pedal design. I still think the single pedal design is fractionally faster to change directions than the 2 pedal design but it is just a marginal difference.

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #282  
Here's my :2cents: regarding getting use to something. You buy the tractor figuring that you will get use to whatever it is that you don't like about it. Time goes by and you don't, yes you deal with it but you never really like it. Why buy that item in the first place when there was-is a different one that you were perfectly happy with. If you are buying for price, then there is the answer. But if you are looking for a machine that fits you, why not get the one that you like the best?

Obviously it is not quite that simple, but I know that the rocker peddle on the CKs was a deal breaker for me. ;)

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #283  
MtnViewRanch said:
Here's my :2cents: regarding getting use to something. You buy the tractor figuring that you will get use to whatever it is that you don't like about it. Time goes by and you don't, yes you deal with it but you never really like it. Why buy that item in the first place when there was-is a different one that you were perfectly happy with. If you are buying for price, then there is the answer. But if you are looking for a machine that fits you, why not get the one that you like the best?

Obviously it is not quite that simple, but I know that the rocker peddle on the CKs was a deal breaker for me. ;)

I cannot imagine something like a rocker panel or two pedal choice being the "deal breaker" any more than color. We all have our initial preferences on things like that but most live with the initial compromise and two weeks later don't even think about it. The muscle memory takes a week or two to set but no more. As i noted earlier I do prefer the two pedal but having used both pedal types there are at least ten or twenty things in selecting a tractor, including color, that I would rank above pedal type in making a selection.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #284  
I cannot imagine something like a rocker panel or two pedal choice being the "deal breaker" any more than color. We all have our initial preferences on things like that but most live with the initial compromise and two weeks later don't even think about it. The muscle memory takes a week or two to set but no more. As i noted earlier I do prefer the two pedal but having used both pedal types there are at least ten or twenty things in selecting a tractor, including color, that I would rank above pedal type in making a selection.

Well Island, we have gone over this in the past, and it was for me. It doesn't matter what most people compromise with, it was the deal breaker for me. Again why get use to anything when you can set on a different make or model and be perfectly comfortable immediately?I had been wanting a CK35HST, really like the tractor, was going to get shuttle, but changed my mind to go with the HST. I HATE the CK rocker peddle. Was going to get it from Wallace, it was even less money than the Mahindra 3215HST that I bought. ;)

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #285  
Well Island, we have gone over this in the past, and it was for me. It doesn't matter what most people compromise with, it was the deal breaker for me. Again why get use to anything when you can set on a different make or model and be perfectly comfortable immediately?I had been wanting a CK35HST, really like the tractor, was going to get shuttle, but changed my mind to go with the HST. I HATE the CK rocker peddle. Was going to get it from Wallace, it was even less money than the Mahindra 3215HST that I bought. ;)

To each his own. I guess if you really hate a feature it is a deal breaker. To me it was just the less desirable solution the same way that some features on a car are not ideal but you can live with them.

I cannot imagine getting a tractor sent all the way from PA to CA however even though Rick Wallace is my favorite dealer. Was he going to drive it himself? He loves road trips. He drove 600miles round trip and stayed overnight when he delivered my DK40.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #286  
To each his own. I guess if you really hate a feature it is a deal breaker. To me it was just the less desirable solution the same way that some features on a car are not ideal but you can live with them.

I cannot imagine getting a tractor sent all the way from PA to CA however even though Rick Wallace is my favorite dealer. Was he going to drive it himself? He loves road trips. He drove 600miles round trip and stayed overnight when he delivered my DK40.

No, he was not going to deliver it himself that I know of. I had a price myself for shipping that brought the total out of pocket cost to that of the 3215. So I guess you would actually say that the cost was the same other than I had 1300 miles of driving time and expense to get my 3215 from Dave"s tractor. But I can sit on my 3215 and am comfortable, have been from day one, no getting use to anything. ;)

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #287  
Hey Doc,

I'm looking at basically the same tractors you are and I'm working the prices. I'm near Syracuse, so prices should be close I would think. When you said $17,375 out the door, are you talking tax and everything? I got quoted ~19K for shuttle shift, with a loader and filled tires. I didn't haggle, but you give me a pretty good starting point if that's really what you paid for a HST.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
Built a shelter in the nick of time. 12'x20' is perfect for the FEL, BB, and a few feet up front for implements to lay around.
20121125_141204.jpg