2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #31  
remember tractor prices vary quite a bit by region..Southern regions, usually cheaper, Northern regions usually higher, and Canada usually highest of all. Have you given Barlows in Ky a call? They are a large Kubota dealership. They will deliver over long distances. Lots of members here praise them. Ask for Brady Barlow. I realize that is a long way from you, but in owning 2 Kubota's, over a period of 10 years, I never needed any warranty work. Of course you can still get warranty work from a local dealer if you need it.. He may put you back in the line but it is still profit for the service department to work on your machine.

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #32  
BoonDoc said:
@Max: The Mahindra closest to the others I'm kicking around is the 3016HST and spec-wise is very similar. Nice machine. Telescoping 3 point, Independent PTO, 3 range HST, 28HP and 2500lbs. 5yr warranty and #1 selling tractor in the world. But the closest dealership is a bit far from me. I plan on asking for a quote anyway and maybe I'll be surprised. MSRP tractor only is $16,090.

If u get a chance, check the tractor comparison tab in the link I provided. The max 28, in some ways, outperforms the boomer 30...even though the boomer 30 is a larger machine. In fact, all the tractors the max28 is compared to in that tab, are larger tractors than the max28. So, if the max28 outperforms the tractors u r considering...how much more does the 3016 surpass them?

The 3016 outperforms the max28, hands down...and has more bells and whistles.

If lifting with FEL and/or 3pt is a high priority, u may want to look more closely at mahindra. I already bought mine, so my encouragement to u is for your own satisfaction. Look carefully, is all I'm suggesting... as I can see, u already are.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
Wow, things are getting interesting. Found a Kubota dealer just 32 miles away. He shot me a quote on the L3200 HST FEL with "Pin on bucket" for $16,900 total. That's a couple HP more than the NH Boomer and Kioti CK30 I saw first, at $600 less and closer to me. Is the "pin on bucket" the SSQA? The L3200 has a live PTO and lacks telescoping arms. How important is this?

@James: thanks for the link. I requested a quote from Barlow's. Shipping 750 miles @ $1.50 could be a deal breaker. As said, I got a decent price at the local Kubota dealership with it's obvious benefits. I'm waiting on the other brands' dealers to reply.

Best,
Doc

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #34  
Is the "pin on bucket" the SSQA? The L3200 has a live PTO and lacks telescoping arms. How important is this? Doc
The pin on bucket is not a Quick attach bucket. The SSQA would likely be an additional $800 to $1000 option.
Personally I think the telescoping lower link arms and telescoping sway bars on the 3 point hitch are a must have item. They help make hooking up attachments SO much easier/faster

I know that a "Live PTO" on the Kubuta and Kioti means it keeps turning even when nothing is attached. Is that really an issue? Would it ever pose a problem?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #36  
BoonDoc said:
I know that a "Live PTO" on the Kubuta and Kioti means it keeps turning even when nothing is attached. Is that really an issue? Would it ever pose a problem?

Hmmm, that's not how I understand it. I think It means it still turns the same regardless of ground speed, and won't push your tractor. My max HST, still has a clutch (not all HST s do), so I can get the Pto to slow down with the clutch, and then disengage.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #37  

No, that is not how it works, It does not keep turning unless you engage it with a Lever after pushing in the clutch, . you let out on the clutch and it starts turning.. since you will have a hydro, it will keep turning at the 540 speed (or whatever speed you set with the throttle) even as you change direction and speed up or down with the hydro pedal. The live portion of it is that as you start to push the clutch in it disengages first before the power to the transmission is disengaged as you push in the clutch further. There is NOTHING wrong with this type of operation, as you how control of how fast the PTO engages as you feather the clutch. As you don't really ever use the clutch for anything else on a hydro tractor, you can think of it as your PTO feather control. There is still a Lever for PTO off and PTO on. but you never move that lever without pushing in the clutch first to disengage or engage the PTO. On my DK35se. it is independant, electric control over hydraulic actuation. I flick an electric switch on the dash which controls a solenoid that controls a hydraulic clutch pack to engage or disengage the PTO. So if the JD dealer told you the PTO always turns, on the Kubota or Kioti CK he is full of chit.:) . I converted my old L3400hst Kubota from pin on to SSQA and it cost me a Grand. It is cheaper up front to order it SSQA than to convert. Don't forget the telescoping 3pt links on the Kioti and not on the Kubota.. They can be added. but it really costs. There are ways around it. somewhat. you can get a Pats or a a carters QH for the rear.. The pats is more popular, you can buy them here on this forum. I have a set of the carters I would part with reasonably. ($50) I don't need them any more since I traded off the Kubota. You will still have to deal with the turnbuckles on the Kubota.. they suck.. but they work. Keep learning.. your doing fine..

James K0UA

So if the JD dealer told you the PTO always turns, on the Kubota or Kioti CK he is full of chit.:)
:eek: Hahaha! What he actually said in the email was, "They [Kioti] still use a Live PTO which no one has used since the 1970’s. In other words your rear PTO is always running, using up fuel and engine horsepower while you’re using your loader". "The reason the JD weigh less is they are able to use this superior technology to bend and shape much thicker gauge steel to make frame components. Our competition has to cut many pieces and weld components together in order to get the shapes and strength needed. Obviously one thick piece of steel is stronger and lighter than that several pieces welded together and a longer, heavier tractor with a smaller engine really isn’t a good thing."

James, I appreciate your explanation about the PTO. Using a "feathering clutch" for the PTO is no problem for me. If the likes of Kubota and Kioti are still using them, so can I.

The Kuboti at $600 less than the CK30 but doesn't have the telescoping links, SSQA, dealer loaded tires, or the free delivery offered by the other NH/Kioti dealer. Anything that makes my job easier I like and it sounds like adding those things runs the price up quickly.

As for the local MF dealer... got a set of quotes back a good deal higher than I expected. He even quoted the NH Boomer 30 at much higher than the first dealer.
$21,885 for the 1532 HST FEL
$19,000 NH

As he's the only local MF dealer, I'm effectively ruling that option out. Only waiting on Mahindra dealer, then it's crunch time. I must admit, I'm having fun and haven't even turned a key yet! :dance1:

Ah.. looked at the Kubota offer fine print. The price is an all cash price. Both NH and Kioti were offering great rates at the $17,600 price point. Could be even a touch lower if I did cash too. I asked Kubota to throw me a quote on adding telescoping links and SSQA to compare apples and apples. That's gonna drive up the cost quite a bit. It's all becoming clearer now...

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #40  
yeah that is a good one.. to prove it to yourself, fire up the kubota or the Kioti, and get off and look at the PTO shaft coming out of the tractor.. It will not be turning. "eating up power.. blah blah blah" Jeez the things people say to make a sale. And those extra welds making up the extra weight.. what a crock. I am less familiar with the little CK series Kioti but I owned an L3400hst for a couple of years, and the L3200 and L3800 are nearly identical. I sure know how they work. and the clutch is just used as a safety switch you have to push in to start the tractor, and when you want to use the PTO you need to clutch for engagement or disengagement.. Some people push in the clutch to change ranges on the hydrostat but it is not necessary. just make sure you are stopped when you change ranges with the lever. Occasionally you will need to bump the hydro pedal just a tad either forward or backward to line up the gears in the range selector so they mesh. It just depends, but most times you don't. My DK does not even have a clutch, since the pto is electric/hydraulic. and for a safety switch, it requires you to push the range selector into neutral to crank the tractor over. I am liking that JD dealer less and less, he is trying to feed you crap.

James K0UA