2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
Thanks, Max, Vince, Bullit, James.. Kubota's a great brand but will be over my price poor man's price point. Mahindra, I'll wait to see their quote. Seems it's come full circle, but at least I've learned a ton from you guys, and done my due diligence. I've also learned, there's probably not a "bad choice" but some are better than others, especially depending on budget and use. BTW James, whats "Home-Brew 750 lbs ballast box"? Is that like 750lbs of brew at home in a box? :cool2:

Doc

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #42  
Thanks, Max, Vince, Bullit, James.. Kubota's a great brand but will be over my price poor man's price point. Mahindra, I'll wait to see their quote. Seems it's come full circle, but at least I've learned a ton from you guys, and done my due diligence. I've also learned, there's probably not a "bad choice" but some are better than others, especially depending on budget and use. BTW James, whats "Home-Brew 750 lbs ballast box"? Is that like 750lbs of brew at home in a box? :cool2:

Doc

Yep!.. ha ha..no it just means I "brewed up" my own ballast box. made it myself.

Attachments

• DSCF0320.JPG
    DSCF0320.JPG
    498.5 KB · Views: 110
   / 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #43  

Doc

While they are not equal, neither is any a bad choice. One might have an advantage here, but the other will have an advantage there. They aren't the same, but aren't necessarily better than each other. Glad you are enjoying the process :drink:

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #44  
Whatever you buy needs to suit YOU. We all have preferences. Some preferences are based on facts and measureable qualities. Sadly, many of our preferences are "feeling" based and since we are individuals my preference may not fit your needs. I'll try to be as objective as possible:

1. I spent a few months searching, studying and comparing tractors to get ready for a purchase not too long ago. Over the past 20 years I've had International, Ford and Kubota tractors. All had different capabilities and all gave good service. The final four contestants were the Mahindra, Kioti, Kubota and Bobcat (aka the "white Kioti"). Ford didn't make the cut because of my familiarity with a Montana tractor we have at work. I didn't want to take a chance with the LS-made Fords. Can't imagine having regrets with any of the final four.

2. Get a larger tractor than you think you need. This is the 4th tractor we've bought in 23 years and each time I thought we had picked the largest practical machine. Pretty sure that's true this time. The larger tractor is more comfortable, doesn't bog down when mowing uphill and doesn't complain about picking up 1/2 ton with the loader. It's nice to have a 6 foot finish mower in place of the 5-footer.

3. I can live without telescoping 3PH arms, but would have a hard time without telescoping sway bars. If the implement is on wheels, it's easy enough to hook up on a level floor. If it's not on wheels, the digging iron makes it cooperate.

4. Cruise control (have it on the Ford and never use it) isn't on my want list and I can't picture ever needing the mid PTO. I'm too "financially conservative" to drop money on a front-mounted snow blower anyway. For 10 years a 5 foot scraper blade did all the snow removal. The next 10 were handled with the FEL on the B7500 and a 6 foot rear blade.

5. A loader that is easy to get on and off (arms and all) is a real asset for me. I never mow with the FEL attached because of manouverability. The FEL sees a fair amount of use, so it is frequently on and off. With the exception of lowering and raising the "kickstands" I can stay on the seat to remove or install my FEL. One tractor was ruled out because it required the operator to dismount and grovel about under the platform to disconnect / reconnect the loader hoses.

6. A loader with a QA bucket is something I told the dealers I didn't want. Some here can't seem to live without them. The Montana I mentioned earlier has a QA bucket and forks. They are such a poor substitute for a real forklift or telehandler that they are frustrating to me. I'd rather do without them. I haven't encountered anything that couldn't be handled either in the bucket or slung beneath it.

6. I never thought a cupholder was an important item till I spent a couple 100 + degree afternoons on the new tractor [grin]

Thanks for sharing, Chim. Had originally thought a Sub CUT would be enough for me. Then a 20...25.. now I'm up to 2500-3000lbs and 30HP, lol. That will probably be more tractor than I'd ever need. I'm hearing everyone saying the telescoping arms are a huge plus and have influenced my short list. Cupholder trumps a baseball cap meant to hold two cans on either side with a straw!

Mahindra threw me a quote $17k for the 3016 HST with "sk bucket??" on order. They have a 3616 (36HP) in stock and will send a quote along. The Mahindras are 2600lbs, 3 speed HST, telescoping arms, live PTO. Dealer is 40 miles away. Free delivery. Not sure what an sk bucket is.

Two questions, guys. What advantage do the telescoping arms have, exactly? I figure they make attaching implements to the 3 point PTO easier or do they allow for more angles and adjustments to hanging rear implements? Second, How much extra do manufacturers usually charge for the mid PTO? I'll be rough cutting around an acre of grass with bumps and small gulleys. I thought to use a pull behind but perhaps the mid is better suited?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #47  
Ah.. looked at the Kubota offer fine print. The price is an all cash price. Both NH and Kioti were offering great rates at the $17,600 price point. Could be even a touch lower if I did cash too. I asked Kubota to throw me a quote on adding telescoping links and SSQA to compare apples and apples. That's gonna drive up the cost quite a bit. It's all becoming clearer now...
The l3200 with r4 tire a ssqa loader on the build my kubota is 21,456. You should easily be able to get 10% off. If you look around you may get 15% or better. 15% would make it $18237. Kubota is doing 0% APR for 60 months and no payments til april 2013. I think was 400ish on the L4240, so you would be close to $18000 and right at 15% off which is a good price. You could forget about the telescopic lift arms and get a quick hitch, which you may end up wanting after you get a tractor. You may want to make sure that those prices include a non corrosive fluid in the tires. The telescopic lift arms work best with implements with clevis style hook ups. Here is a link on the live and independent pto. Seven out of ten tractors sold in the U.S. are Kubota. Mahindra being the #1 selling tractor in the world is debatable.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #48  
Thanks for sharing, Chim. Had originally thought a Sub CUT would be enough for me. Then a 20...25.. now I'm up to 2500-3000lbs and 30HP, lol. That will probably be more tractor than I'd ever need. I'm hearing everyone saying the telescoping arms are a huge plus and have influenced my short list. Cupholder trumps a baseball cap meant to hold two cans on either side with a straw!

Mahindra threw me a quote $17k for the 3016 HST with "sk bucket??" on order. They have a 3616 (36HP) in stock and will send a quote along. The Mahindras are 2600lbs, 3 speed HST, telescoping arms, live PTO. Dealer is 40 miles away. Free delivery. Not sure what an sk bucket is.

Me neither, I looked at the Mahindra just now on their website, and it alludes to the Quick attach is an option on the loader. Check it out, ask if it is Skid Steer Quick Attach. or another name is Universal Quick Attach. I notice the HP is a little less than the other tractors you have been looking at, but it should work well for 5 foot implements. Nice looking tractor, and the specs on the loader and 3pt are greater than any of the other tractors you have looked at. Check it out and see how it feels..Now you know what to look for.. take a piece of paper and take specs and features with you and check against the mahindra and see how it measures up.

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #49  
Two questions, guys. What advantage do the telescoping arms have, exactly? I figure they make attaching implements to the 3 point PTO easier or do they allow for more angles and adjustments to hanging rear implements? Second, How much extra do manufacturers usually charge for the mid PTO? I'll be rough cutting around an acre of grass with bumps and small gulleys. I thought to use a pull behind but perhaps the mid is better suited?

The NH, Kioti, and Mahindra are available with a mid pto. The JD and kubota are not. Mid ptos are around $300 depending on the manufacturer and size of the tractor. The only mid mount mower that is available is a finish mower. You will best off with a rotary cutter. The telescopic lift arms are just used to help you hookup to the implement, you can't use them for adjustment. The mahindra's are ssqa.

I notice the HP is a little less than the other tractors you have been looking at, but it should work well for 5 foot implements.
James K0UA

James, I've been looking at CK30, NH Boomer30, both with 30 gross HP. A bit confusing as the NH site says, 30HP gross, 28HP net. Kioti gives only 30 gross, no net. Compact tractor review gives 28.5 net HP for the NH, more than NH itself claims! Mahindra at 28HP doesn't state if it's gross or net. I guess PTO HP is the most important here. :confused:

I need to turn the key and try the Mahindra, NH and Kioti. The Kubota's a really nice tractor, but there's only one dealer nearby. That's important to me. I spoke with him and he said if I finance, his quote would be higher. His quotes on the other makes I already saw are a grand higher than the other dealer and he's not nearly as flexible. That prices me out. Next step, mount up and ride..

Nice tractor photos, Roger :)