2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #51  
Of course you would better understand the value of the telescoping lower links and the telescoping stabilizers when you dont have them, and then you get a tractor with them. But in a nutshell, when you back up to an implement you must line up the ball eyes of the lower links with the pins on the implement. Not as easy as it looks. You can get off and get a prybar and pry around on the implement to get things lined up, you can kick and cuss.. a lot of cussing is required. Or you can just get close and when you have telescoping lower links you press on the top of the release with your hand, and pull on the lower link to give yourself the alignment you need to get the ball lined up with the pin, push it on and put in the keeper pins. Then when you get back on the tractor, just back up a bit, and the links will go click, click, and be locked back in automatically. Trust us, it is worth it. My swear word vocabulary has decreased by half since I got the Kioti. You can get some version of a 3pt quick hitch, there are a lot of schemes, and they can be good, but it is an extra expense and there are some disadvantages to them. But if you don't have the telescoping links, then it will be good to invest in a 3pt quick hitch. Or you can kick and cuss and pry and shove like I did for many many years.

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
a lot of cussing is required.
James K0UA

Well.. though I've been known to speak a bit of French myself now and then, I'd rather get the telescoping links. Looking at the Mahindra, I notice that although 500lbs lighter than the Kioti or NH, and lacking a HP or two, it does have the greatest lifting capacities and sits at 63" wide compared with Kioti at 54". The Mahindra's PTO HP is a bit under the other two (21 vs 24 on the NH). The NH has adjustable drawbar but not sure about telescoping links.

I would like the option of using a root grapple or other grapple in the front. This would require an extra hydraulic line and control, right? Best to add now or later if I actually come to need it?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #53  
Well.. though I've been known to speak a bit of French myself now and then, I'd rather get the telescoping links. Looking at the Mahindra, I notice that although 500lbs lighter than the Kioti or NH, and lacking a HP or two, it does have the greatest lifting capacities and sits at 63" wide compared with Kioti at 54". The Mahindra's PTO HP is a bit under the other two (21 vs 24 on the NH). The NH has adjustable drawbar but not sure about telescoping links.

I would like the option of using a root grapple or other grapple in the front. This would require an extra hydraulic line and control, right? Best to add now or later if I actually come to need it?

Best to add now, try to get at least one rear remote, you can operate the grapple off of that. Or you can spring for the electric over hydraulic 3rd function valve controlled by a rocker switch on the FEL control lever.. WR Long makes a nice one. about 750 for the kit. If you get the rear remote now it will be cheaper than later. Should be anywhere from $200 to $400 bucks for the rear remote..

James K0UA

Best to add now, try to get at least one rear remote, you can operate the grapple off of that. Or you can spring for the electric over hydraulic 3rd function valve controlled by a rocker switch on the FEL control lever.. WR Long makes a nice one. about 750 for the kit. If you get the rear remote now it will be cheaper than later. Should be anywhere from $200 to $400 bucks for the rear remote..

James K0UA

James, will the rear remote operate something used in the front like a clamshell bucket, grapple or snowplow or is it limited to rear implements? Are the non-electric/hydraulic remotes also operated by rocker switch on the panel? At 200-400, I'd spring for one front and rear if that would come in handy later..

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #55  
The l3200 with r4 tire a ssqa loader on the build my kubota is 21,456. You should easily be able to get 10% off. If you look around you may get 15% or better. 15% would make it $18237. Kubota is doing 0% APR for 60 months and no payments til april 2013. ..............................................

Near the end of this past May I bought my L3200 HST with an LA524 loader and R4 tires for $15,696. Shortly after the purchase another dealer contacted me and claimed he would have sold it to me for less. Deals are out there.

With regard to size, The L3200 will be the limit unless we move to a larger property.

Last edited:
Near the end of this past May I bought my L3200 with an LA524 loader and R4 tires for $15,696. Shortly after the purchase another dealer contacted me and claimed he would have sold it to me for less. Deals are out there.
Chim, is your L3200 a 4WD? And do you mind either posting or private messaging the dealships' info? That's a great price and would be worth shipping if I can get the package I want.

So far...

Kubota:James suggested contacting Barlow's earlier in this thread. Kubota L3200 HST FEL with telescoping links and SSQA at $17,490. Not bad, but after adding shipping, no good. Local Kubota dealership, L3200 basic package with FEL, $16,900. The options will run that up. No good.
Unless I find a quote at $16K or below, I'm ruling out Kubota.

Mahindra: Local dealer emailed me back noting that their 3016 "sk bucket" offer is SSQA. The first offer stands at $17,000 delivered free. With 3 range HST, telescoping links and stabilizer, 5yr warranty, and class leading lift capabilities it has everything I was looking for, at 0% financing. This is a must see.

Kioti: The CK30 HST FEL stands at $17,500 delivered with loaded tires from great local dealership. The CK30 has all the features I wanted and seems to be a rapidly growing brand. Lots of tractor for the money and over 3000lbs, a full 30HP. Love that. I might still be able to bring that price down a few hundred. A must try.

New Holland Boomer 30Also over 3000lbs, 30HP, same features as Kioti, and independent PTO. Adjustable sway bar but not sure of the links. Same great dealership as the Kioti. Offer was $17,600 with 3.9% financing, loaded tires, free delivery. Another must try.

Seems to be Mahindra 3016 vs Kioti CK30 vs NH Boomer 30. These three contenders are more similar than different. It will come down to how they feel to operate, which dealer I'm most comfortable with, and whether someone's final quote makes the choice a no-brainer.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #58  
James, will the rear remote operate something used in the front like a clamshell bucket, grapple or snowplow or is it limited to rear implements? Are the non-electric/hydraulic remotes also operated by rocker switch on the panel? At 200-400, I'd spring for one front and rear if that would come in handy later..

You can run hoses from the rear to the front to operate something on the front. The 3rd function controls are usually operated from a rocker switch or 2 different buttons on the joystick.. You replace the joystick knob with a new one containing these buttons. Here is a video that explains the 3rd function and how it works
Remember this is an alternative to using your rear remote to power the grapple or other hydraulic device on the front of the tractor..

How To Video Demos - Implements & Attachments

James K0UA

Awesome link, James! It's like going to "tractor school".. thanks. BTW, how much weight is added by loading the tires? I've seen weights that look like discs that sit in the wheels, too.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #60  
Awesome link, James! It's like going to "tractor school".. thanks. BTW, how much weight is added by loading the tires? I've seen weights that look like discs that sit in the wheels, too.

It depends on the tire size of course and what is put in them.. but generally in the size of the tractors you are looking at, somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 lbs for each rear tire. Rimguard calls for 310 lbs for a 15-19.5 or 26 gallons of fluid. water or alcohol weighs less than rimguard Yes you can add wheel weights also, but they are a little expensive. Yep check out all the videos on Everything attachments they will make you "smarter":) Check out the one on the Lightweight Pallet forks. they are what I have, and now appear in my avatar.

James K0UA