2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #81  
I don't know if you have any LS tractor dealers in the area, but here is a link to their website, they also make the NH Boomer currently.

LS Tractor USA

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #82  
94BULLITT said:
The front tires looked like they were flat with that weight on them.

Agreed. It was for demonstration purposes, specifically for a TBN post...with similar assertions as the posts developing here.That is evidence that a very little tractor can lift what the spec sheet says it can. The fact that the tractor is capable of that, does not mean u have to do that. It does mean, that working it at the level of the competitions max capacity, will be easy for your mahindra.

The posters on tbn who buy tiny tractors that lift 300lbs, and then add grapples, SSQA, and want to change loaders or loader cylinders... Would probably not need to do such retrofitting, if they had chosen their tractor based on specs. So when someone is shopping, I suggest mahindra for lift capacity consideration... But too often the mahindra gets thrown under the bus, being called a liar or fraud...or that specs don't matter.

If I want to lift a 1200 lb whatever, would I want to do that with the max 28 which can lift 1400 or with the competitions larger models that can lift 1150 lbs? Which is safer? A reasonable review of posts regarding lift capacity would show that owners of all brands push the limits of their machines, at times. A safe operator would be less likely to push a mahindra to its limits, if he did the same task that he would have done with his other choices in the same size category. The other brands are often pushed beyond their limits by tbn posters.

A mahindra does not outshine in backhoe specs, though I don't think it performs any less, either. But it does shine in front and rear lift. The owner/operator is under no obligation to ever come close to max lift. Without a mahindra, the owner/operator will more likely reach or attempt to exceed his tractors limits. That can hardly be considered safer.

The video not only shows that a small max can really lift its stated full capacity 900lbs... It exceeded the spec by an additional 800lbs, via rollback breakout force.

I get frustrated with those who say the specs are untrue. They are not untrue. U will never have to test that, as an owner.

But, u will be less likely, with a mahindra, to be on tbn asking which are the best upgrade "whatever" to increase lift capability.

Maybe its semantics.

If u don't want a mahindra...don't get one. But do not say the stats are untrue, when in fact the evidence shows they are exceptionally beyond all competition...in lift capability.

No matter what tractor u get, u need to operate safely within your own limits.

"A good man knows his limitations." :)

Last edited:
   / 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
Waiting on quotes from Yanmar EX3200 (32HP) and LS 3033 (33HP), both of which are 20 miles farther. I don't see that either make a 30HP in the larger platform, so i know the price may not be a perfect comparison.

Kubota L3200 had been quoted $16,900 but lacked quick-attach. They got back to me at $17,400 with the added SSQA. A few hundred plus or minus will not influence my decision. As the prices are all in the same budge range now, it comes down purely to how much tractor I can get for that value, the track record of reliability, and dealer distance/support. I want to try the Mahindra next weekend. That was a nice package and comes with delivery. Very local. Per Mahindra, "Mahindra has a 97% customer satisfaction rating and a 98% customer loyalty rating -the highest in the industry!" That's worth a closer look.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the NH is ssqa.

In case anyone was still wondering about the NH SSQA. The NH/Kioti dealer that gave me the original quote of $17,590 for either the CK30 and NH Boomer said Kioti comes SSQA standard. The Boomer-30 has SSQA as an option, which of course, he had factored into the price.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #85  
Agreed. It was for demonstration purposes, specifically for a TBN post...with similar assertions as the posts developing here.That is evidence that a very little tractor can lift what the spec sheet says it can. The fact that the tractor is capable of that, does not mean u have to do that. It does mean, that working it at the level of the competitions max capacity, will be easy for your mahindra.

The posters on tbn who buy tiny tractors that lift 300lbs, and then add grapples, SSQA, and want to change loaders or loader cylinders... Would probably not need to do such retrofitting, if they had chosen their tractor based on specs. So when someone is shopping, I suggest mahindra for lift capacity consideration... But too often the mahindra gets thrown under the bus, being called a liar or fraud...or that specs don't matter.

If I want to lift a 1200 lb whatever, would I want to do that with the max 28 which can lift 1400 or with the competitions larger models that can lift 1150 lbs? Which is safer? A reasonable review of posts regarding lift capacity would show that owners of all brands push the limits of their machines, at times. A safe operator would be less likely to push a mahindra to its limits, if he did the same task that he would have done with his other choices in the same size category. The other brands are often pushed beyond their limits by tbn posters.

A mahindra does not outshine in backhoe specs, though I don't think it performs any less, either. But it does shine in front and rear lift. The owner/operator is under no obligation to ever come close to max lift. Without a mahindra, the owner/operator will more likely reach or attempt to exceed his tractors limits. That can hardly be considered safer.

The video not only shows that a small max can really lift its stated full capacity 900lbs... It exceeded the spec by an additional 800lbs, via rollback breakout force.

I get frustrated with those who say the specs are untrue. They are not untrue. U will never have to test that, as an owner.

But, u will be less likely, with a mahindra, to be on tbn asking which are the best upgrade "whatever" to increase lift capability.

Maybe its semantics.

If u don't want a mahindra...don't get one. But do not say the stats are untrue, when in fact the evidence shows they are exceptionally beyond all competition...in lift capability.

No matter what tractor u get, u need to operate safely within your own limits.

"A good man knows his limitations." :)

In the video which you said he lift that weight using breakout force, that does not meant you will be able to lift a skid that weighs that though. I think a bunch of members of the forum with similar sized tractors should get together and see who can lift the most.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #86  
94BULLITT said:
In the video which you said he lift that weight using breakout force, that does not meant you will be able to lift a skid that weighs that though. I think a bunch of members of the forum with similar sized tractors should get together and see who can lift the most.

We agree.

Let me point out that there are 3 different mahindra Max tractors. The Max 22 and Max 25 are identical, except for engine/Pto HP (I'm pretty sure about that sentence). These two tractors are the "small" Maxes. They lift 900lbs to full height and have 1700lbs roll back breakout force.

It was one of these small Maxes in the video.

I have the "larger" Max 28 XL (eXtra Long).
Bigger motor, frame, tires, loader, 3pt, tilt, cruise...
It is the Max28XL that can lift 1400lbs to full height.
Rollback breakout force is 2700lbs.

When someone is referring to mahindra Max... It could be one of three separate, different tractors.

The 3016 is in the same series (I think) but they drop the "Max" name at that size and up.

Max series tractors are actually built in Japan, by mitsubishi.
My Max28 is a Mitsubishi tractor...built for Mahindra.

Because my forks weigh (I think) 350lbs, I would expect to be able to lift a pallet weighing 1050 lbs. Dealer told me the forks weighed 200lbs... But I see a sister of them on northern tool...and they are 350lbs. I love the forks, but probably would have passed if I knew they were that heavy... But I don't think ill ever need to replace them. If I need lighter ones...maybe the wife will let me get an additional "light duty" set. :thumbsup:

We agree.
My Max28 is a Mitsubishi tractor...built for Mahindra.

Your MAX28 is very nice. With FEL lift capacity (1700lbs) exceeding most brands weighing in at a half ton more, you've got a helluva compact! Mitsubishi's a name I like too.

So I researched the Yanmar EX3200 , which despite having the most HP of the heap (32) and highest PTO HP (25.5), lags the rest in FEL(900lbs) and 3PH (1100lbs) lift. No SSQA, telescoping/adjustable links or arms, cruise, tilt or other creature comfort. It is, however $16,000. That's a little, but not much, below the others. Add a few goodies and you're up over the others price-wise. I will eliminate the Yanmar from consideration, not because it's a bad tractor, but because the others edge it out feature/spec wise. I can't understand how with more HP, it had the lowest lift. Is that more a function of the hydraulics, or the lever arm setup?

No LS dealers in my parts, so off the list it goes. Same with TYM and the Chinese basics.

Everyone around here has a Kubota. I hate having what everyone else has. :laughing: Actually, like a JD, I know people pay a premium for them and they dominate the market and have an awesome reputation. To remain at my price point, the LS3200 has some items missing that I want, namely the telescoping/adjustable links and arms. Though not a dealbreaker, I'd rather have independent PTO. $17,400 is with added SSQA but was the cash price only. My price will be somewhat higher. Got some better numbers from out of state dealers, but after shipping..hmmm. I can't afford to move up to the more fully equipped Kubotas. Hate to say it but Kubota's no longer on my radar.

Down to 3 now. Mahindra lacks the telescoping links and had the lowest PTO HP. That sucks. I liked the brute lifting strength of the FEL and 3PH as I'll be using them a lot. Good price too at $17K even, delivered with SSQA to my camp. :thumbsup: Considering my needs, I doubt I'll be switching PTO implements all that often (probably using the bush-hog), and could always make do. But it gets edged out package-wise by Kioti and NH. I'm eager to ride it and see what impression I get. The $500 I save over the following two tractors could be put to good use I'm sure.

Kioti looks like a great package for the money and has almost all the goodies I'd want or need. The exception? Live PTO. No big deal true, but rather have than not. Also, FEL lift of only 1155lbs, is just above Yanmars'. Same for 3PH lift. Love the 3142lbs it weighs.. what a beast. $17,590, with filled rears, delivered. :thumbsup:

NH Boomer 30. Not stock SSQA, but it is included in the $17,590. 3121 lbs. Another beast. Also 9" wider than the Kioti. Independent PTO, telescoping rear.. FEL lift capacity of 1370lbs, 200 more than the Kioti. Blue..my favorite color :laughing:

I will visit and try three tractors before buying. The Mahindra 3016, Kioti CK30, and NH Boomer30. Am I having fun? You bet!

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #88  
IF after trying the 3, you like the mahindra...but want more power...

Is the 3616 priced too high? Am I wrong in saying thats the 3016 with more power?

An interesting aside. Kioti has a 2yr/4yr warranty with no hour limits. Others, like NH, are 2yr/5yr but have hour limits. As an infrequent user, I'm almost certain I'd never hit the hour limit. Thus, the 2yr/5yr warranty is of more value to me. Were I a farmer, I'm sure the Kioti warranty would be the better.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #90  
It sounds like you are leaning toward the NH, I mean after all it is blue:) I think the biggest thing is when you sit and hopefully get to operate them some, you will pick a winner pretty quick.. I was attracted to a Cub Cadet by Yanmar about 3 years ago and sat on it and drove it around for a few minutes and hated it. I sat on a Kubota, and said "ok this will work" They do sit and layout different, while I think you could adapt to anything, you will have instant opinions when your butt hits the seat.

James K0UA