2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #1  

BoonDoc

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 New Holland Boomer 30
Hi everyone, new guy here. I'm going to take the plunge this month and get a CUT. I had an afternoon at the local dealer this weekend to look at both the Boomer 30 and CK30. They have almost the same specs, weigh the same, felt the same, and after incentives, both were around $17.5K. That was the first offer. They both came FEL with easy disconnect option, free delivery to my camp and loaded back wheels. The dealer sings the praises of both. The dealer felt the NH had the edge in holding value because of recognition but added that Kioti in the US is growing rapidly while NH had dropped off. Both the engines were said to be made in South Korea. He said with the exception of color, they were almost the same feature-wise.

Is the price in line with what others have experienced? It was a little more than I had expected. I figured, MSRP or just below. Loader's free. I thought the MSRP's on these two were in the high 15's. Do the dealers have as much flexibility as car dealerships? My neighbor said there's very little, but I can't see why. If his first pitch was $17,500, what would be a reasonable counter?

Cheers,
Doc

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
   / 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #4  
Man the 3040 is a DEAL.. that is a Shibaura tractor too. ... nice tractor and implements... someone should jump on that.

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #5  
Nothing wrong w/ Kioti, the N.H. reputation isn't as good now as before since they went w/ LS. A N.H. dealer in Missouri took on Kioti and has sold
a boatload of them compared to NH.
As far as pricing, no, it is not like cars. What he has quoted is pretty much where he needs to be. Only @ a 10% margin at best. You could come in a little lower (2-300 less) but don't offend him. Don't waste his or your time offering a thousand less. It won't happen.
In my area, a CK 30 hydro runs @ 17.850.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #6  
Both tractors are made in South korea. Like someone already said the New Holland is a LS. One thing you may want to consider if you get the kioti and they got out of business where is the next Kioti dealer. Have you looked at Kubota L3200 or John Deere 3032? I know with a kubota they usually start at 10% or 12% off msrp. If you look around some you may find one in the 15%-18% range. I think the larger the tractor the more you will get off of msrp sometimes. Kubota is doing 0% APR for 60 months and no payment til April 2013.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #7  
If you buy a L series Kubota check the 3 point with load for jerky hitch. It may or may not bother you but you should be aware of it.Kioti gives you more for your money.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I did originally stop by a new JD dealership and spoke with a salesman for a while. I told him that I knew JD's were the "cadillac" of tractors and came with a price to match. Not so, he replied after a laugh. He said in most cases he could beat "most other brands" and mentioned that he consistently beats Massey and Kubota. I can't imagine he could match the Kioti or NH price but I might give him a call back anyway just to see.

As for the CK30 and Boomer 30, I'm still on the fence. Same features, same size, same price. After reading hundreds of posts of owners of each, I'm sensing that Kioti is a rising star while NH took a drop. Extrapolating time-wise, would this translate to more parts and service for Kiotis? I sat in each a while going over layout and features but will need to try them both in action next weekend. One person had mentioned that he preferred two pedals in the HST as the single rocker pedal forces him to slide a bit forward in his seat to reverse. Any thoughts on comfort comparison in these two models? Lastly, seems like pricing is right at 17 and change as everywhere I look there are similar quotes. I did see a couple posts here from 09 where people had gotten the CK30 package for as low as 15. I suppose prices have edged up in the last few years. In the end, I hope it won't come down to choosing my favorite color! :laughing:

Doc

Ah almost forgot. Which Deere would match most closely the class/features/size of the CK30 and TC30?

Last edited:
   / 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #9  
One person had mentioned that he preferred two pedals in the HST as the single rocker pedal forces him to slide a bit forward in his seat to reverse. Any thoughts on comfort comparison in these two models?

Lots of people seem to prefer the 2 pedal.. I have always used the single pedal design, and preferred it. However this last tractor a Kioti came with the 2 pedal system and I have adapted to it ok.. I still fondly remember the single pedal, but I am doing fine with the 2. Truthfully I don't think it matters all that much, it is just kinda what you get used to. Perhaps the single pedal is still a little faster to change directions rapidly, as in grading, but there is also more to it than pedals. Part of the rapidity is how the dampener is set up by the manufacture. My Kioti is a little slushy, or slow changing directions the last Kubota was very fast. They can be set TOO fast as in snap your neck fast . The Kubota HST+ is a premium hydrostat offered only on the Grand L series, and it allows you to change that response at any time with a knob on the dash..That would be cool, but I don't have one. To sum up, I don't think it matters that much how the pedals work, at least it didn't for me, I adapted to either one.

James K0UA

I got you, James. Thanks. I would have figured the same as I've never used either style of pedal, I'd not be missing what I never knew.

I see you own a DK35. I sat in the DK series and loved the size and feel. Due to a cash flow (no cash, no flow) problem, I was "just lookin', not cookin'. To confuse me more, another nearby dealer threw an offer at me on another model. A CK30 HST/FEL for $18K or, a new DS4110 he has with HST and FEL for $18,500. The first dealer had told me the DS series were bare bones models and not as good a value. Of course, the extra 10HP seems a good value to me. As the owner of a new 100 acre camp (almost all woods) my needs are varied. I'm only able to visit on weekends for the most part. Even then, I can't imagine more than occasional use of the tractor, mostly for maintaining a 1/2 mile dirt road in, tilling a half acre of soil, lifting or moving logs out of the way, and mowing a half acre. I'm thinking 40HP is a bit more than I'd need in any case. So it comes down to slightly smaller tractor with more creature comforts, or the DS with more HP and slightly more weight.