Buying Advice Wanting to upgrade from my Jubilee

/ Wanting to upgrade from my Jubilee #11  
I used to plow or bale hay all day on 5 gal of gas. I wonder how you would like your tractor if you fixed it?

/ Wanting to upgrade from my Jubilee #12  
i was wonderingthe same.. .. but i doubt we will see it.. :)

/ Wanting to upgrade from my Jubilee #13  
I don't know if your interested but a brand new Case-IH Farmall 45A 2wd diesel is a nice unit and costs around $15k new. Loader will be extra. It will give you a baseline for comparison as it is very comparable in my mind to what you have. I replaced my Ford 640 with it for almost the same reasons and have not regretted getting rid of the last gas powered tractor on the farm. Their fun to tinker around with but I needed something more reliable and better suited for my uses.

/ Wanting to upgrade from my Jubilee
ps.. if your naa burns gas.. it's either running rich, has the wrong ms carb, or has a zenith on it.. or.. it's leaking.... 134/naa are pretty miserly...

I'll check on the carb. In fact I was considering putting on an hour meter just to see how bad it was.

I'll figure it out some way but I'm pretty sure the mowing, post-hole digging & blading I do won't get 8hrs out of 5 gallons. If I could get a small baler that I know for sure would work behind a NAA I'd use that too. However, not having a FL is sure a drag.

15k is more than I can manage/justify, maybe someday. It does give me an idea of what's out there. Thanks.

/ Wanting to upgrade from my Jubilee #17  
15k is more than I can manage/justify, maybe someday. It does give me an idea of what's out there. Thanks.

if i was you id buy a ford 6600 with 72 hp, dual power, 16 speed, with a loader, but its double the price you want, loke 12 000 $

/ Wanting to upgrade from my Jubilee #18  
I'll check on the carb. In fact I was considering putting on an hour meter just to see how bad it was.

the proofmeter already has an hour meter incorporated into it...

/ Wanting to upgrade from my Jubilee #19  
I think you would be best off getting a newer tractor. By the time you fix your hydraulics, put power steering on it, and a loader you will have the price of a tractor in it. I would look for a Massey Ferguson 135 or a Ford 2000. In the mean time like someone said in the 2nd or 3rd post put a overrruning clutch on the pto.