Info on Allmand bross TLB 425 E SL

/ Info on Allmand bross TLB 425 E SL #1  

vivancoj

Tractor
None
Any advise on the purchase of an Allmand bross TLB 425 E SL? It has a front end loader and a backhoe. 2150 hours. $8,500
What is the normal expected life span in hours of a compact or subcompact 4WD tractor?
Your advise will be appreciated.
Thanks, Jos

/ Info on Allmand bross TLB 425 E SL #2  
Any advise on the purchase of an Allmand bross TLB 425 E SL? It has a front end loader and a backhoe. 2150 hours. $8,500
What is the normal expected life span in hours of a compact or subcompact 4WD tractor?
Your advise will be appreciated.
Thanks, Jos

Be careful about buying any wheeled equipment from the Allman Bros. You could expect that the vehicle has been in a serious accident. Be sure to inspect the Butch Trucks.

-foto.jpg

Have fun and eat a peach

/ Info on Allmand bross TLB 425 E SL #4  
I have a 425 ESL, the hoe end is very stout on these machines, all the pivots use "Garlock bearings" their name for heavy bronze bushings covered in grease holding dimples on the inside. Mine had 1000 hours when I bought it and play in the backhoe pins was too little to detect, if any joints on the backhoe have more than minor wear it has probably not been greased regularly.
The engine is a 25 hp Kubota V1105 diesel , probably reliable for 5-6000 hrs given regular service, the hydrostat is an Eaton rated for up to 65hp engine, mine pushes hard and will easily spin the wheels in dirt pushing in to a pile, pay attention to the pedal it should be responsive to a slight push and return to neutral reliably.

The loader is my least favorite part, they don't use the garlock bearings in the loader pivots so the loader will have more slop than the hoe, the front end feels very light when using the loader and it takes a while to get used to being very fine with the loader valve so the tires stay on the ground.

View attachment TLB425newdesignRevF.pdf

Feel free to ask any questions or post up some pics if you can and i'll give as much advice as I can.
I'll try to attach a PDF brochure for the 425

Ray

/ Info on Allmand bross TLB 425 E SL
ptgdigger,
Many thanks for such good answer. I am not smart enough to be able to decide based on your information. I think I am going to stick to a Yanmar on the grey market. Again thanks. José

/ Info on Allmand bross TLB 425 E SL #8  
I own a 425 tlb very well built not much in its class compares to it. for lifting 2100 lbs

/ Info on Allmand bross TLB 425 E SL #9  
I own a Allmand TLB425 and in search for a narrow 8-10" bucket. What kind of bucket does the 425 use? I see descriptions like standard and non standard types. Also how can i be sure the spindle holes and sizing is correct?