Foot room on various tractor platforms

/ Foot room on various tractor platforms #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I'm getting in the market for a 40 to 50 hp 4wd tractor.
One of my (actually two of my) problems is big feet. I wear a 13 to 14 shoe size. While "dancing" on to or off the the platform of my Kubota B7610 or my cousin-in-laws Sato 670D (30hp) I often get a foot hung up.

Are there any manufacturers that generally have more foot room than their competitors for the same HP?

/ Foot room on various tractor platforms #2  
I have the same issue. That's one of the reasons I have 2 NH, both Shibaura, plenty of room for a big guy on the step and the platform. The HST and CVT trannys eliminate the stick that gets in the way and the FEL joystick is mounted so I can get on or off from both sides easily.

/ Foot room on various tractor platforms #3  
My DK35se Kioti has a ton of footroom, and with the flat layout and the 2 pedal hydro system and FEL control on the right side of the seat it is very open. but it is a much larger tractor than the B7610. Just check out the various brands, to see what they offer.. I know Grand L Kubotas have a flat layout also. My L3400hst I traded in did not. It had a pretty good sized hump in the middle and you had to place your feet more carefully getting on and off.

James K0UA

/ Foot room on various tractor platforms #4  
Masseys in that size have a large roomy floor area.

/ Foot room on various tractor platforms #5  
I'm 6'5" 230 and size 12. I find my Kioti DK40 operator station to have plenty of room. Very comfortable and well designed. The HST pedals are spaced well too.