Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

Default Re: New Tractor With No Electronics ?

u should get seat time on the JDs and the kubota then you will then know which one fit you i have a 70 horse kubota and buy one size up from what you are looking at then you will have enough tractor i had a 38 horse that was to small

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST/LA463 loader JD 318 / 3ph(cat. 0)

No electronics ...hmm, what about a Belarus? You can get them in the 40 hp range that are air cooled. You wouldn't even have to worry about replacing hoses, water pump, or, radiator.
    Happy as if I had good sense.
    One orange, one green.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Perhaps it's just my pessimism showing, but I would not buy a new tractor with no electronics in hopes of it being a long-lasting tractor. How many 50 year-old Fotons, Jinmas, or Belaruses do you see on the market? Compare those to the many Deeres, Ford/New Hollands, Massey-Fergusons, Cases, Kubotas, and many other brands still supported with parts by dealers. If I wanted a simple tractor, I'd go to the used name brand market rather than a Chinese or even European brand. If you want long life and a history of dealer and parts support, go with the makes that have a that history well-known and documented. Don't buy on faith or hope that could be costly in the long run. Just my opinion, of course. . . .
    Jim

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

Avoid the no name brands... if you want old tech... buy a good used 80's model Ford or John Deere.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Quote Originally Posted by PapaPerk View Post
    Avoid the no name brands... if you want old tech... buy a good used 80's model Ford or John Deere.
    Couldn't have said it better myself! If you really want a old tech tractor, buy a solid, low hour, used tractor. Some of the rebuilds on them are fantastic and will run for another 10,000 hours.

If you really want to go new, about the lowest tech they get from the main brands is like a JD 3005/4005, and that's because that model has been around for almost 14 years now.

Like jenkinsph said, I've had no problems with gizmos on any of my tractors and it makes them a lot more fun to operate, so really look into what you really want before deciding. Good luck!

I've got a 2008 JD5103. Basic tractor, no electronics. Buy a popular brand and you won't have any issues about parts. Even if you get one with electronics with the major brands parts will be available for a long time.
    2008 JD 5103, FEL, 6' Frontier, 6' HD boxblade, 7' Landscape rake, More impliments to come, Bobcat (clark) 742 SS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12