Buying Advice Massey 1652 Tractor

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #1  

Wheat King

Tractor
Case
Looking for some help deciding what type of transmission to select. I am in the process of purchasing a Massey 1562 tractor. I am leaning towards the DynaQPS over the 12x12 Power Shuttle. I have done a lot of research and want to make sure I make the right choice. The tractor will be used for mowing and pushing snow plus some field work.

Any info would be appreciated.

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #2  
I would go with the DynaQPS. It is a fantastic transmission in-terms of reliability and in easy if use. With it you also get a digital display that gives you a speedometer and a tach for the PTO speed. The Dyna Shift extremely well under load with out using the clutch. The reverser is great for loader work.

/ Massey 1652 Tractor
Initially, I was seriously considering the hydrostatic but when I cam across this site and read some of the comments I changed my mind. What is your overall impression of the Massey tractors? Is there anything I should consider before purchasing? With all the research and travelling to various dealerships the Massey appears to be the best buy?

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #4  
Make sure you get a block heater, as that is a dealer add on. Get as many remotes as you can afford, and if doing any ground engaging work, get them to add draft control.

DynaQPS is the way to go. And the cab is nice too. Good luck.

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #5  
My impression of Massey tractors is they are probably the best made machines around. Built heavy, easy to fix and have a long history of tractor production. You cannot go wrong buying one. If you go with the loader get the skid steer quick attach. It makes hooking up buckets and other attachments easy. The hardest part is walking from the operator platform around to the front to latch it on.

/ Massey 1652 Tractor
Thanks guys!

This is a big help. Anything else I should consider?

/ Massey 1652 Tractor
Forgot to ask. What does a draft control do?

Thanks again

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #8  
Wheat King said:
Forgot to ask. What does a draft control do?

Thanks again

It controlls the depth if a implement keeping it at a constant hight as the tractor moves up or down. It works best in ground engauging implements like plows.

/ Massey 1652 Tractor
Got it. Are the Massey tractors built in North America?

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #10  
The 2600 series is made in India, however I don't know for sure where the 1600s are made.