Comparison kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading

/ kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading #1  

piper556

Tractor
kubota b21
I love my b21, but I droll over the b26. Is it just me, or do others suffer from hydralic thumb envy?

/ kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading #2  
Nope. Doesn't make economic sense, for one thing.

/ kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading
Thanks for the reply Dennis. I quess the problem is not economic, but trying to jstify the more power, etc. Like I said, I LOVE my b21, its never failed me, has 1250 hrs. But there's this beautiful b26 with 850hrs that I could get for 10,000 over. I would never buy a new one, no economic sense to me. In any case, they are both wonderful, tough machines.
Barry

/ kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading #4  
I would like a hydralic thumb but going from no thumb to a manual thumb is so exciting that I do not dwell on the subject.

We do a lot of clearing and pile burning. When rounding up a live burn pile a manual thumb can handle the heat better.

/ kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading #5  
I can see wanting more power if you need it. If that were the case for me, I'd probably make a bigger jump in power then. Perhaps up to the L35 or L48.

/ kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading #6  
The B26 is a more modern tractor than the B21 (which was one of Kubota's longest running models). That said, they both move dirt.

/ kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading #7  
I had a B20 and decided it was time to trade up. I looked at some B21's but was informed that the hoe had the same power as the B20. So I tried a B26 backhoe and the difference is stunning. Way more power. Try it once and you won't go back. The other big advantage is the skid steer bucket attachment. I already bought a snow plow and a grapple bucket. I love the grapple bucket.

/ kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading #8  
don white said:
I had a B20 and decided it was time to trade up. I looked at some B21's but was informed that the hoe had the same power as the B20. So I tried a B26 backhoe and the difference is stunning. Way more power. Try it once and you won't go back. The other big advantage is the skid steer bucket attachment. I already bought a snow plow and a grapple bucket. I love the grapple bucket.

Got any picks of the snow plow? What brand is it? I have been thinking about getting one myself. Also what did it cost? Thanks in advance for any input.

/ kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading #9  
Got any picks of the snow plow? What brand is it? I have been thinking about getting one myself. Also what did it cost? Thanks in advance for any input.

I went with Wildkat attachments for the snow plow. They are going for 1600 now I paid 1200 last year. The thing is well built and the only problem is that the plow is 96". To big for a B26. I called them up and asked if they would cut a foot off each side. That was not a problem and I made the deal. I also have one of their grapple buckets.
We had one snow storm last year and that was before I bought the plow. After I got it we had no more snow the rest of the year. I never have tried it out. Because I have 1100 feet of gravel drive I made a pipe to fit below the cutting edge.

/ kubota b21 vs. b26 is it worth upgrading #10  
So I tried a B26 backhoe and the difference is stunning.
Way more power.

Not only did Kubota give this great machine more engine power, which was really needed, but
they also bumped up the hydraulic pressure to 2500psi from 2000psi. This puts it more
in league with deluxe compact tractors.

Allowing for easy upgrade to a thumb is a big plus, too.

No hood armor, however.....