Suggestions for storage shed

/ Suggestions for storage shed #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bob
You may want to give some thought to cleaning the snow off the coverit type structures. It is pretty common for them to collapse under a snow load. )</font>

Thanks for the precautionary warning. I was planning on keeping the snow cleared off as much as I can anyway. I am curious to know if you have seen any actual Cover-it sheds collapsed. That same friend in my earlier post had two canopies from B.J.'s collapse before buying the Cover-it but these are <font color="red">supposed </font>to be much more durable. Not that I am doubting you in any way! Just curious!

/ Suggestions for storage shed #12  
A friend of mine has the house style CoverIt with the peaked roof. A couple of times this past winter he had the brush the snow off after the big storms. The local Fish and Game has the round style and has had no problems for the last couple of years. The round style seems to be less effected by heavy snow (ie. it just rolls off).

I went with the round for those reasons.

/ Suggestions for storage shed #13  
I recently purchased an EL CHEAPO special from Homier ( www.homier.com ) They had a truck load sale in our town but also sell on the net. I put the garage up yesterday. I am kinda slow and it took me an hour and a half. I had to take the roof tarp off and turn it over; I put it on upside down :-(. Today after I got done picking up my new pressure washer with the tractor I put the ROPS up and pulled the tractor into the garage. It fit just fine and had about 6" to spare. I have the tall folding ROPS. For $120, I think this garage is a bargain for those who have to store their tractor outside. It is not anywhere near the highest quality and as I said it is an EL CHEAPO, but is not a bad little temp building/garage to get your equipment out of the elements. I would highly recommend it. It came with sides and the ends, one of which can be zipped up and down. I would say it would last a couple of years before it is toast but for that price, it is way cheaper than building a pole barn or shop building and is a good temporary measure until you build something more substantial. I don't think you will have any problem getting your tractor in the garage. Any way, I give this garage the "TractorByeNEt EL CHEAPO Best Buy" rating. With a little reinforcement, I think it might even hold up in moderate snow and high wind.

/ Suggestions for storage shed #14  
Bob
I am pretty sure some of the ones I adjusted were Coverits. I remember seeing the receipt and then checking their web site for pricing. Could be the insured was faking having the name brand unit but I doubt it. Also consider that in the winter of 2001 we had schools and shopping centers collapsing. How could we expect a relatively fragile structure like a Coverit to stay up? Metal sheds are no better. Anytime we get more than 12" of snow the metal sheds start to come down. The bottom line is -get a roof rake and use it-and then you will be sure your structure wont collapse. Of course being in the claims business I prefer people who dont clear the snow and let them collapse-it is so good for business /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Lets me afford my B2910 and the implements to attach to it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Suggestions for storage shed #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( One more thing, it's a two man job to set this up. I'm sure someone will say they did it by themselves )</font>

Bob,
I am one of those that say's he did it himself, and I REALLY did. An extra set of hands would have been nice, but I learned a long time ago that all those people that say " Anytime you need a hand with something " are pretty quick to say " Oh, I'm busy " when you ask for that promised hand.
So my garage which is 24' x 26' was truly erected 100% by myself.

Attachments

• 283058-Copy of PA200006.JPG
    283058-Copy of PA200006.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 193
   / Suggestions for storage shed #17  
Alot of creative yankee ingenuity comes into play here when doing this single handed.
Necessity is the mother of invention.

Attachments

• 283061-PB030003 reduced.jpg
    283061-PB030003 reduced.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 190
   / Suggestions for storage shed #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bob
I am pretty sure some of the ones I adjusted were Coverits. I remember seeing the receipt and then checking their web site for pricing. Could be the insured was faking having the name brand unit but I doubt it. )</font>

Well, good to know this! I will make double sure that snow doesn't pile up on mine. It would be a double whammy if the shed came down because I wouldn't be able to use the tractor to dig it out! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Suggestions for storage shed #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am one of those that say's he did it himself, and I REALLY did. An extra set of hands would have been nice, but I learned a long time ago that all those people that say " Anytime you need a hand with something " are pretty quick to say " Oh, I'm busy " when you ask for that promised hand.
So my garage which is 24' x 26' was truly erected 100% by myself. )</font>

I thought I could do mine alone but arranged help anyway. By the time my helper arrived I was ready to admit defeat. I've done some stuff alone that I never should have (and have the surgical scars to prove it) so I know what you mean about help but I can't imagine building one your size alone!

That's pretty impressive! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Suggestions for storage shed #20  
On Edit:

Just saw that they marked this down again so this one is now only $299 12' x 20 x 8' high DOMED SHED This is the one I was considering.

Heres one for $399 that is also 12 x 20 x 8 high. SHED It isn't bad looking and should store your tractor and a few odds and ends.

I am probably going to buy couple of similar type units designed as horse shelters to add to the permanent one we already have. The nice thing is they can be relocated as you choose and no permits. I have seen these up in the winter at other farms without a problem. Like someone else said the snow/rain rolls right off and they are very wind resistant especially if you get the domed ones.

P.S. These are Cover-it shelters so the prices seem pretty good