Suggestions for storage shed

/ Suggestions for storage shed #1  

Deliberate1

Friends, my BX2200 was delivered yesterday, with FEL. 60"mmm and Land Pride brush hog. It won't be so long before the snow starts to fly (in Maine, any time after July 4th is fair game). I'd like to get my rig under cover before that happens. Short of constructing a small barn for it, are there any quality prefab buildings out there? I am looking for something like 10' x 15'. Even something that sits on a gravel pad would be ok, as long as it passes my wife's not-that-ugly test.
Thanks

/ Suggestions for storage shed #2  
I just purchased a covered storage shelter from CoverIt. Its those gray things you see everywhere. I got a 12' wide x 20' deep x 10' high with dual zippers and roll up door. This size is just perfect for my B2710 with fixed fiberglass sunshade and additional room for implements.

Total cost was $775 delivered. They were on sale at 20% off for internet orders but I do not know if that is still true.

www.coverit.com

Nice thing about these is that since it is not a premanantly fixed building you do not need any permits to put one up.

I have a friend who has one and he says the snow just rolls off it.

/ Suggestions for storage shed #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Friends, my BX2200 was delivered yesterday, with FEL. 60"mmm and Land Pride brush hog. It won't be so long before the snow starts to fly (in Maine, any time after July 4th is fair game). )</font>

Congrats on the BX2200! You will love it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here is my solution to your dilema. Don't know how it will stack up on your Wife's "not to ugly" test though. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 282471-complete.jpg
    282471-complete.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 428
   / Suggestions for storage shed #4  
And here it is all filled up. It's a Cover-it as mentioned by someone else. This one is 10x14x8. Haven't had it during snow yet but my friend in Tamworth NH has two that stood up thru the second half of last winter. They seem pretty rugged.

Attachments

• 282473-full shed.jpg
    282473-full shed.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 416
   / Suggestions for storage shed
Bob, that looks pretty good to these tired eyes. Mind if I ask what it set you back. I was thinking of setting it atop some crushed stone. Would that work? I am afraid that the tax man would consider one of these on a concrete pad some sort of mother-in-law apartment.
Regards

/ Suggestions for storage shed #6  
My land is 15 miles from my house and security is my main concern. I'm buying a sea container,which might not pass your ugly test. One 40 footer will hold the tractor and two ATV's plus room for tools.

My best price is from www.onewaylease.com for $1,300 plus delivery and $35 for a lock box.

I've used this on a ranch I managed, exept we could only get a 20 foot box into the land. We painted it green, put a roof on it and from a distance it looks like a shed. The roof was just 2X4's with sheething and conposite shingles. Didnt' cost much but provide lots of dry storage for pipes.

The property had a huge tresspassing problem being next to a public park. The lockbox covers the paddlelock making it impossible to open without a key or cutting torch.

/ Suggestions for storage shed #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bob, that looks pretty good to these tired eyes. Mind if I ask what it set you back. I was thinking of setting it atop some crushed stone. Would that work? I am afraid that the tax man would consider one of these on a concrete pad some sort of mother-in-law apartment.
Regards )</font>

It was about $600 for the "shed". The pavement was already there, but don't worry about that. These will install over dirt, gravel, crushed stone, or a variety of other things.

Mine is invisible to the "tax man".

One more thing, it's a two man job to set this up. I'm sure someone will say they did it by themselves but I'll be d*mned if I could figure out how. A roll of duct tape will be a very big time saver. The ribs are steel pipe and some are friction fit only. They WILL fall apart at the least convenient time! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif One layer of duct tape on these joints solved that problem nicely.

/ Suggestions for storage shed #8  
Bob
You may want to give some thought to cleaning the snow off the coverit type structures. It is pretty common for them to collapse under a snow load. Some insurance companies wont pay for the collapse as they see the coverit as an awning and not a structure-no collapse coverage under some policies for awnings /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I do see a number of these type structures fail each year we have heavy snow in the northeast. Good for my business but not so good for the homeowner. Mike

/ Suggestions for storage shed #9  
The suggestion for a 20' container then appropriately accessorized with siding is a good solution for a movable but long lasting structure. Alternately consider a 8'x12' movable building. Use 4x6 side plates as skids, then 2x4 12" O/C joists with 2x6 decking and build the 2x4 wall framing on the top of this with a roof.

Another inexepensive method is to use 4 4x4x12's buried in the ground several feet to create a 8x14 area then add front and back joists, with 2x8 rafters to create a lean too with 16' metal roofing and siding to please the significant other..

Or claim one space in the garage for the 2200..

Carl

/ Suggestions for storage shed #10  
I had a 12 x 24 metal lean to added to my 24 x 24 metal shed. I watched them do it and it looked pretty straight forward. Cost about $1500.00 After I filled it with my various mowers etc. I decided I needed another one. Built a 3 sided 12 x 24 across from the other one and my son and I did all the work. Cost a little under $800.00 and a lot of beer (for my son of course). It went up quite fast. Put the posts in on Saturday, the roof, on Sunday and the sides the next weekend.