Kubota MX5100 or Mahindra 5530

/ Kubota MX5100 or Mahindra 5530 #1  

Reeltruth

Tractor
Kubota MX 5100 Gear, L844 FEL, Land Pride 72' cutter, Bad Boy CZT 50
Narrowed down to either a slightly used kubota mx5100 or a new mahindra 5530. Both have FELs and gears. I really liked the 5530 when I test drove it and the lay out of its controls. I also like the mx5100 and I can get that 4000$ cheaper. Two different dealers both being about the same distance apart, however the kubota delearship is much larger and equipment is its bread and butter. The mahindra delearship has some very nice and personable owners but are one a smaller scale when it comes to tractors. I am also obviously wanting a tractor I can get the most out of for the long haul. Also the kubota will come with land pride implements where the mahindra will come with howse. Will be for personal use and I would say light to medium work on average however up front I would like to do some land/lot clearing to build a house. The biggest trees are about 8 year old improved loblollys. That being said is that to much work for either tractor and would that cause damage to the fel?

/ Kubota MX5100 or Mahindra 5530 #2  
the MX seems like a no brainer to me.

Also, Howse implements are pretty obscure and hard to get parts for.

/ Kubota MX5100 or Mahindra 5530 #3  
I recently puchased a mx 5100 and let me tell you that tractor will do alot of work for its size. Ive lifted and carried 24" red oak logs 12 feet long with the loader. I too looked at the 5530 mahindra. its a beefy tractor for the money but i didnt have enough confidence in my local dealer. I have no regrets with the mx.

/ Kubota MX5100 or Mahindra 5530 #4  
kubota

/ Kubota MX5100 or Mahindra 5530 #6  
I assure you, I have "no dog in this fight"....as I have at least 4 different kinds of tractors, but if you intend on clearing land, get the biggest, heaviest tractor, with the best hydraulic capability that you can afford...check all the specs, make sure that you can upgrade later to better "stuff" such as a backhoe, ect. Note: just looking at the two tractors specs, seems they aren't even in the same class together..."choose wisely, grasshopper". BobG in VA

/ Kubota MX5100 or Mahindra 5530 #7  
as said kubota all the way.

/ Kubota MX5100 or Mahindra 5530 #8  
These tractors are not exactly in the same class. The 5530 is much heavier, and has greater lift capacity.

/ Kubota MX5100 or Mahindra 5530
Well I just purchased the Kubota MX5100 around lunch time. The tractor should be delivered a little later this evening. I will post some pics as soon as possible. I appreciate all the feedback and I am glad to be apart of the tractor owners club now. Thanks and God Bless!!!

/ Kubota MX5100 or Mahindra 5530 #10  
You are going to have a GREAT weekend! Congrats!! :drink: