Buying Advice 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4

/ 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4 #1  

Shortt87

Tractor
In the market to buy one
Hey everybody, I'm currently in the market to purchase a tractor. I've found a Kubota L2800 with only 125 hrs, only rear implement thats been hooked up to it has been a bush hog. I was reading a couple people who have had issues with the rear differential developing cracks when having the backhoe implement attached without a subframe, wasnt sure if there have been any cases where they are having issues with a rear bushhog attachment. Also, with only having 125 hrs on the machine, what are some common quick checks/ red flags to looks for when purchasing? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank,
-Ryan

/ 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4 #2  
:welcome: to the forum. I can see the diff cracking with out the subframe because the weight is not being distributed properly. A rotary cutter should not hurt it. The 3 point hitch is designed to carry weight. The main thing I would be worried about on a 125hr machine would the service work, especially the 50 hour service. I would want to see a copy where he had it done or where he bought the stuff to do it himself. Some L series had a jerky 3 pint hitch, you will want to check for that. I would check the tires for gashes. Has it been kept inside? I would check all of the fluids, make sure there is no water or fuel in the oil, make sure there is no water in the hydraulic oil. I would tryout the loader if it has one. Lastly Kubota is doing 0% Apr for 60 months and no payments til April 2013 so you may be cheaper to buy a new tractor.
Finance Promotional Rates

/ 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4
Thanks for the advice 94BULLITT! Greatly appreciated, I'm going Sunday to check out the tractor, and hopefully make the purchase! Unfortunatly he sold the rear bush hog attachment, but it does have a front loader which is very desirable to my needs! Rotary mowers are a dime a doZen from what I've been told =)

/ 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4 #4  
If you don't get in a hurry you can find a bargain.

/ 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4
Yea I'm in no hurry for the bush hog, seeing as season is pretty much over, but having a gravel driveway, and property that needs some up-keeping, the tractor/loader was my biggest concern, seeing as that's obviously going to be a large purchase.

/ 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4 #6  
First and foremost, what is he asking for the tractor. Kubotas hold their value well but some people still ask new price for 5-year old machines:confused2:

Another common problem and in-expensive to fix is the hydraulic suction hose. Its right by your right foot when sitting on the tractor. They are prone to cracking and sucking in air and making the loader jumpy.

Only other issue with these is the jerky 3PH. When trying to raise slowly with an implement, it can be violent. Pleanty of you-tube vids to watch on that subject. Unfortunatally he sold the bushhog, and without something heavy to put back their, you wont know just how bad it will be on that particular tractor until you get it home and put something on it.

Also, is it a HST or gear tractor?? Considering what you can get a NEW one for, with warranty and o% financing, hopefully he is in the $13k range. Any more than that, you'd be better off buying new IMO.

/ 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4
First and foremost, what is he asking for the tractor. Kubotas hold their value well but some people still ask new price for 5-year old machines:confused2:

Another common problem and in-expensive to fix is the hydraulic suction hose. Its right by your right foot when sitting on the tractor. They are prone to cracking and sucking in air and making the loader jumpy.

Only other issue with these is the jerky 3PH. When trying to raise slowly with an implement, it can be violent. Pleanty of you-tube vids to watch on that subject. Unfortunatally he sold the bushhog, and without something heavy to put back their, you wont know just how bad it will be on that particular tractor until you get it home and put something on it.

Also, is it a HST or gear tractor?? Considering what you can get a NEW one for, with warranty and o% financing, hopefully he is in the $13k range. Any more than that, you'd be better off buying new IMO.

He's in the $12k range, which is why I'm pretty much almost 100% purchasing it as long as when I get out to look at it there's no hidden surprises that jump out at me. It's the best deal I've found on a Kubota since I originally started looking back in May. Yea I've watched the YouTube videos with the jerky 3ph, and rear that they replace one of the valves to correct that issue, I didn't read in depth to find out which valve, or the cost of replacing it. And the machine is a HST trans.

I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks,
Ryan

/ 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4 #8  
HST trans for that price is not too bad. But It almost certainly will have a jerky hitch most likely

/ 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4
HST trans for that price is not too bad. But It almost certainly will have a jerky hitch most likely

Well the guy just emailed me back and told me the tractor is no longer for sale? Back to the drawing board I reckon.

/ 2007 Kubota L2800 4x4 #10  
Hang in their. You'll find something goon I am sure.