Case DX35 Loading Rears with Rim Guard

/ Case DX35 Loading Rears with Rim Guard #1  

Anonymous Poster

I've been wrestling with buying a tractor for nearly 3 months now trying to make up my mind whether to go green, orange, blue or even red. For the past month since signing on with TBN I've been trying to absorb the wealth of information available spending nearly 3 to 4 hours every night reading threads and trying to get educated. To say the least - the information has been plentiful almost to the point of overwhelming. I may sound like I'm complaining but quite the contrary, thanks to all of you for sharing your info and insights - they've been invaluable!

I've visited 7 dealerships, driven 4 tractors (one of each color), tossed around figures, chatted about implements, met service managers, etc. etc. The journey has been time consuming, but also fun, infomative and adventureous. And I can honestly say, there's not a bad tractor out there - they are all good, some just have different quirks than others. But pound for pound, inch for inch, dollar for dollar, the best dealer with the best deal I've been able to obtain was on a Case so I've decided to purchase a DX35 with L160 FEL and some implements.

So, I thought I would check in with TBN and find out if any of you have current or up-to-date information on Rim Guard. This particular dealer prefers to load the rear tires on all tractors they sell with loaders and as a regular practice uses Calcium Chloride. I told the dealer about the horror stories I've read about Calcium Chloride on TBN and about the success stories of Rim Guard - a product this dealer remotely remembers hearing about. Considering the work I'll be doing, my preference is also to load the rear tires. Short of calling Glen Daly who has the patent on Rim Guard, does anyone know if this product is sold in Arkansas or Tennessee, its costs, etc. etc.? Are those of you who have used Rim Guard happy with the results?

Would appreciate any comments!

/ Case DX35 Loading Rears with Rim Guard #2  
Welcome to the Forum! Been out to Baker's I'd guess...
Unfortunately, I can't answer your question, as my tractor came with CaCl in the tires already. I thought I would just say hi since your in the neighborhood.