Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: Advice for mowing 5 acres & lawn. SCT or X7X8 Series

What is the difference between a X700 and a SCUT?

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    What is the difference between a X700 and a SCUT?
    One is a garden tractor and the other is a real tractor.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    As a master plumber I would see what he says but if you are expected to pay for more work I would place a phone call to your attorney first. I would think that in most cases this would be improper installation and the plumber should be responsible for correcting the problem on his dime. You need to hold your ground on this one.
    Thank you. The guy even said it wasn't my fault but it kind of is I guess. Parts of it washed out before we even moved in. Contractor covered it back up. Washedtas eagain and I had a local guy cover it up an washed out again inlaces that same week. It sat like that the rest of the summer. I called the installer to come look at it several times but he never made it out. It got to be fall and a guy at work told me I needed to get it covered before winter. So I had it covered again. Everytime no gravel or anything no one who knew anything about it. This was all discovered because the landscaper hit the Leach field with the tiller. Where he hit it the thing was only a couple inches deep.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

How deep is this leach field? Most of the ones I see are below the frost line, guessing in your area the frost line is 24" or more, how is that washing out enough to uncover the field?

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    How deep is this leach field? Most of the ones I see are below the frost line, guessing in your area the frost line is 24" or more, how is that washing out enough to uncover the field?
    Your right. This happened one of the times someone covered it back up. I had no idea it was that shallow. All the other places we checked were fine. Sounds like all of it will be excavated Wednesday so it can be examined. It washed out terribly! There were crevices over 2 ft deep easily. I couldn't get any ground cover started and we got crazyamounts of rain.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the 1026r and the x748 are using the same yanmar diesel?

Tractor

I think for the 2011 model year the engine was modified slightly and has a few cubic inches less displacement than the prior models this was on the x7xx diesels. My x749 is the newer engine (2011) and runs great. For a while the 2305, x700 and 2320 all had the same motor IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    You haven't listed your location. That would be a big help for those of us that are trying to help you. Conditions in Maine are different than Washington, Texas, Hawaii or Idaho.

You mentioned the possibility of attachments.............buy the SCUT now and save headaches in the future.

You haven't mentioned Massey Ferguson. Dunno if you have no dealers in your area, or you just never thought of them. Give them a look if possible.

A friend of mine has the BX2360, he does not like the cut on the mower deck. Apparently the kubota deck is not supposed to ride on the wheels, but must be suspended in the air. My friend says he gets an uneven cut.

I know nothing about the mowing capabilities of the JD(forum posts say they cut good).

I get an extremely good cut with my Massey Ferguson.

I'm also going to make the suggestion that you get an FEL(front end loader), on your SCUT. You WILL thank me later for that advice. I use mine for picking up rocks, sticks while mowing, digging of course, leveling humps. carrying weeds, grass seed, mulch, concrete blocks, rocks for my pond...stream....waterfall, vegetables from the garden, ashes from my stove. Add a few hooks, and you can lift heavy items from your truck bed, or load your truck with items or dirt, sand....or whatever..........uses are endless. Just today I leveled gound, moved rocks, and cleared a trail through the woods..........uprooting small trees, moving large blowdowns, and filling the holes left by the stumps I removed today.....that I cut the trees from 16 years ago.

Just make sure you prepare for the future. A scut will prepare you for that.

Try all the brands, choose the one that suits you the best.

Happy Shopping.
    I actually went to the only nearby Massey Ferguson dealer today because I was impressed with what the rep had to say and it seemed like their prices were pretty good. They were nice and all but they don't stock a single Massey Ferguson and knew nothing about them other than they could order them. They couldn't even give me a quote and didn't even know what the current models were. On top of that they told me they had never sold anything under 40HP before. Really they are just a CASE/Aigco dealer that can order Massey Ferguson. So while they said they would service it and everything I am not sure Massey Ferguson is going to be an option for me.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by nrbocke View Post
    I actually went to the only nearby Massey Ferguson dealer today because I was impressed with what the rep had to say and it seemed like their prices were pretty good. They were nice and all but they don't stock a single Massey Ferguson and knew nothing about them other than they could order them. They couldn't even give me a quote and didn't even know what the current models were. On top of that they told me they had never sold anything under 40HP before. Really they are just a CASE/Aigco dealer that can order Massey Ferguson. So while they said they would service it and everything I am not sure Massey Ferguson is going to be an option for me.
    That's a shame. They are a great machine.

But regardless of which brand you buy, I still think a SCUT with an FEL should be your tractor of choice.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor

nrbocke,
    So what happened with the leach field?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast