Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,365
    Location
    Chaumont, NY
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Re: Researching a new ZTR..driving me crazy!! Need some advise!

    Just entering this search myself. Currently have a Troy Bilt 50 inch ZT from Lowe's. It's doing the job OK, but the wife has turned a 1 acre lot that we own next to our house into a large yard. Dozens of small elm trees there. I used to just knock it down with a brush hog a couple of times a year. But that lot along with the other acre that the house sits on aren't all that smooth. She does the majority of the mowing and it pounds the heck out of her and her surgically repaired neck. I've decided to shop for something with a suspension for her.
    I think I've narrowed it to a Ferris IS500Z or a Simplicity ZT2500, both 52" cut. Best I've done so far is $5200 + tax for the Ferris at a dealer about 3 hours from home. One local guy says that the 500 is discontinued and replaced with the IS700 and goes for $5900 + tax. I must have misunderstood him, because I can find no info on a 700.
    No local prices on Simplicity yet. I have found a price of $4099 with free shipping at Mowers Direct. They also have a ZT2752 Champion for $4999 and free shipping.
    Last edited by JJZ 109; 09-22-2012 at 07:06 AM.
    Todd
    _____________________________________________

    Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

  2. #22
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,098
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default Re: Researching a new ZTR..driving me crazy!! Need some advise!

    Quote Originally Posted by JJZ 109 View Post
    Just entering this search myself. Currently have a Troy Bilt 50 inch ZT from Lowe's. It's doing the job OK, but the wife has turned a 1 acre lot that we own next to our house into a large yard. Dozens of small elm trees there. I used to just knock it down with a brush hog a couple of times a year. But that lot along with the other acre that the house sits on aren't all that smooth. She does the majority of the mowing and it pounds the heck out of her and her surgically repaired neck. I've decided to shop for something with a suspension for her.
    I think I've narrowed it to a Ferris IS500Z or a Simplicity ZT2500, both 52" cut. Best I've done so far is $5200 + tax for the Ferris at a dealer about 3 hours from home. One local guy says that the 500 is discontinued and replaced with the IS700 and goes for $5900 + tax.
    No prices on the Simplicity yet.
    I have a Ferris IS3000 and I love it. I can't say that you don't feel the bumps, especially in the "back 40" where there's more tractor ruts, but if you drive reasonably (unlike my cutting style ), it's a fairly smooth ride.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,365
    Location
    Chaumont, NY
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Re: Researching a new ZTR..driving me crazy!! Need some advise!

    Found an IS500Z at a local dealer about 20 minutes from home for the same deal as the far away guys. Taking the wife down later on to look at it, as she'll be the one using it more often than me.
    Todd
    _____________________________________________

    Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Carl_NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,000
    Location
    Coastal NH
    Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

    Default Re: Researching a new ZTR..driving me crazy!! Need some advise!

    JJZ.

    Dont know about the IS700 but the IS500 and Simplicity are both made by Ferris in NY. The IS500 and 1500 have the same suspension then the IS2000 and up have the full indepenent type suspension.

    Good luck and definitely ride and compare the models and decide. They have the 3 yr 0% deal too so get the one that feels the best as its an investment for a long time (20yrs) is the way I looked at it.

    Carl
    Kubota B21TLB, Ferris IS2000, Cub Cadet 1811

  5. #25
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,365
    Location
    Chaumont, NY
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Re: Researching a new ZTR..driving me crazy!! Need some advise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_NH View Post
    JJZ.

    Dont know about the IS700 but the IS500 and Simplicity are both made by Ferris in NY. The IS500 and 1500 have the same suspension then the IS2000 and up have the full indepenent type suspension.

    Good luck and definitely ride and compare the models and decide. They have the 3 yr 0% deal too so get the one that feels the best as its an investment for a long time (20yrs) is the way I looked at it.

    Carl
    I must have not heard the dealer on the phone correctly on an IS700. I looked at Ferris' website and could find no such model. I read online someplace (so it must be true) that Simplicity bought Ferris in 1999, so I'm sure that they share many things.
    I'm really leaning toward that IS500Z and will be kicking the tires on it today. I'll be the guy paying cash, but Mama has to see it because she does the majority of the mowing. I'll just get to pressure wash it and maintain it!
    Todd
    _____________________________________________

    Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

  6. #26
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,365
    Location
    Chaumont, NY
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Re: Researching a new ZTR..driving me crazy!! Need some advise!

    It's a done deal. Will be picking up the Ferris IS500Z when I have time this coming week. Wife and I went down and looked it over and we like it. Should last us for a long, long time.
    Todd
    _____________________________________________

    Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

  7. #27
    Veteran Member Carl_NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,000
    Location
    Coastal NH
    Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

    Default Re: Researching a new ZTR..driving me crazy!! Need some advise!

    Congratulations on your new IS500 ZTR JJZ - I am sure you will (and your wife) will enjoy it for a long time.
    Kubota B21TLB, Ferris IS2000, Cub Cadet 1811

  8. #28
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,365
    Location
    Chaumont, NY
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Re: Researching a new ZTR..driving me crazy!! Need some advise!

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_NH View Post
    Congratulations on your new IS500 ZTR JJZ - I am sure you will (and your wife) will enjoy it for a long time.
    Mostly her, but I may sneak out there now and then while she's putting in a 12 hour nursing shift.
    Todd
    _____________________________________________

    Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

  9. #29
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8
    Location
    monroe
    Tractor
    Hustler Fastrac SD 60"

    Default Re: Researching a new ZTR..driving me crazy!! Need some advise!

    Well after a few more weeks of researching I think I've decided that I'm going to get the Hustler Fastrac 60" Super Duty..Its a 2012 with 0 hrs on it..going this weekend to the dealer..he told me over the phone he would do 6K+tax no doc fees or anything..Not sure if thats a really good price or not and I will try for a better one once I get there..

  10. #30
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,365
    Location
    Chaumont, NY
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Re: Researching a new ZTR..driving me crazy!! Need some advise!

    Quote Originally Posted by stumpmason View Post
    Well after a few more weeks of researching I think I've decided that I'm going to get the Hustler Fastrac 60" Super Duty..Its a 2012 with 0 hrs on it..going this weekend to the dealer..he told me over the phone he would do 6K+tax no doc fees or anything..Not sure if thats a really good price or not and I will try for a better one once I get there..
    All you can do is to poke around the net and make some calls on pricing. I started out finding the fairest price over 3 hours from home. After checking out Ferris' website I found a dealer a short distance away that I had no idea sold Ferris. I emailed him, he offered to match the lowest price I'd found and the rest is history.
    Good luck in your shopping!
    Todd
    _____________________________________________

    Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Driving myself crazy
    By possum_hollow in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 07:53 AM
  2. Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy!
    By TRUST in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 11:25 PM
  3. Squeeky steering on my TN driving me crazy..
    By mahlers in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:34 PM
  4. This ICE is driving me crazy.
    By Jag in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-05-2001, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.