Price Check Wayward Tractor Newbie seeks advice on a used Kubota

/ Wayward Tractor Newbie seeks advice on a used Kubota
......The other thing is, when buying the implements in a big bunch, you're probably not going to pay as much attention to their condition as you would if you were buying them individually and had the time to really look them over. So you're more likely to end up over-paying without realizing it... until you get home. .......

Thanks Joshua,

The caution you stated in the above line rings a lot more true for me than I like to admit.

Unless a really great deal comes along in a package deal, I think I'm going to heed the general wisdom and focus upon just a tractor. If the tractor doesn't do all I need it for, the implements would be destined to become "yard art."

Again, thanks for the good advice.

Regards,

S.A.M.

/ Wayward Tractor Newbie seeks advice on a used Kubota #22  
My wife told me to buy new, so I could have a dependable tractor when I need it. Got burned on used one. New L3800 4 x 4, fel being delivered this week. I LOVE MY WIFE!

My wife told me to buy new, so I could have a dependable tractor when I need it. Got burned on used one. New L3800 4 x 4, fel being delivered this week. I LOVE MY WIFE!

Good Morning Lunky,

Thanks for your reply.

She sounds like a true gem.

You do realize, of course, that "your" tractor is just half of "her" landscaping package - don't you? :)

You are the other half. At least, that's the way it seems to work around my house.

I would love to have bought a new tractor, but I'm just too stingy with my cash & don't want to go into debt in the current economy.

I ended up buying a used Kubota B7800HST, 4WD, with a loader, from a little old lady who just used it to go to church on Sunday - or something like that.

All kidding aside, it wasn't a bad deal & I like it. With nothing more than the loader, I used it to level out and repair my long gravel drive. Within an hour and a half, I was able to do what would have taken me about eight hours previously. The drive isn't nearly as finished as it needs to be, but at least it is passable again without bottoming out. I'm shopping for a box blade & other toys now.

After all these years, it's great to have something that I can use to get some real work done in short order.

Regards,

S.A.M.

/ Wayward Tractor Newbie seeks advice on a used Kubota #24  
Since I am am looking for another as well, I asked my wife the same question. She said the same thing, get a new one. After 2 wives, I finally got a good one!!

Since I am am looking for another as well, I asked my wife the same question. She said the same thing, get a new one. After 2 wives, I finally got a good one!!

Good Evening Streamin,

I've still got my original.

Got her brand new many years ago & she works better than a lot of new ones I that I've seen advertised.

Easy to maintain, economical on fuel, runs all day, doesn't get bogged down easily, doesn't smoke, & starts reasonably well in cold weather

Still looks great too! A few dents & scratches, but I wouldn't trade her for two new ones.

And, what the heck, it doesn't really bother me that she balks at a new tractor.

/ Wayward Tractor Newbie seeks advice on a used Kubota #26  
Good Evening Streamin,

I've still got my original.

Got her brand new many years ago & she works better than a lot of new ones I that I've seen advertised.

Easy to maintain, economical on fuel, runs all day, doesn't get bogged down easily, doesn't smoke, & starts reasonably well in cold weather

Still looks great too! A few dents & scratches, but I wouldn't trade her for two new ones.

And, what the heck, it doesn't really bother me that she balks at a new tractor.

Best to overlook the dents and scratches.

/ Wayward Tractor Newbie seeks advice on a used Kubota #28  
jenkinsph said:
Best to overlook the dents and scratches.

Yes...because we are also full of dents and scratches...which we pray r overlooked :)

Yes...because we are also full of dents and scratches...which we pray r overlooked :)

So true Max,

Not to mention the fact that she's pretty adamant about keeping my routine maintenance up to date, and every year she makes sure that I go into the shop to be checked over.

Always mutters something about avoiding a major overhaul.

/ Wayward Tractor Newbie seeks advice on a used Kubota #30  
SemiAncientMariner said:
So true Max,

Not to mention the fact that she's pretty adamant about keeping my routine maintenance up to date, and every year she makes sure that I go into the shop to be checked over.

Always mutters something about avoiding a major overhaul.

She, sir, is a keeper! :)