Mahindra 3016 vs LS G 3033

/ Mahindra 3016 vs LS G 3033 #1  

dcannaday

Tractor
2012 Mahindra 3616 SHU
I have about 3 acres of which about an acre is cleared. Would love to clear the rest (possibly have someone else do this part), then keep it cleared and have a nice garden area. I have been looking at the Mahindras but made a mistake and looked at the LS tractors and price and I am not sure which one to get. The Mahindra will run about $20,000 with FEL & bush hog, nothing in writing yet. LS with the same equipment (including the heaviest bush hog they have) will run me about $16,000 (estimate in writing). 28 hp vs 33hp. Only major difference I can find is lift capacity of the LS is about 840# less. Would love some opinions here. Was also wondering if I was going too big for what I actually need. Thank you. DC

/ Mahindra 3016 vs LS G 3033 #2  
I am sure either tractor will do you fine. I wouldnt want much smaller tractor than that. In the Mahindra line the Max series seem to be pretty rugged but untested as yet since they are new models.
My LS has been pretty much trouble free and never been back to the dealer since I got it like a lot of folks have to do for their tractors.
Look at the LS forum way down to the bottom of the forums and you will find lots of happy owners with few problems ever reported. By the way, the way I ended up with an LS was due to price and comparison next to a Mahindra which was no comparison to fit and finish and factory options. I had already looked at all the other brands and these were the last two. Dealer sold both Mahindra and LS so side by side was easy enough. I really only wanted a 50 HP tractor with cab but the LS P7010C was priced as cheap as a 50 HP MF which was my other choice so I got the much bigger tractor for the same price.

/ Mahindra 3016 vs LS G 3033 #3  
A 3016 with FEL shouldn't be 20k, when I was shopping for mine I priced a 3616 with FEL for about 17.5 K...I may be a little (just a wee bit) biased but I'd go with the Mahindra, you will eventually appreciate the greater lift...look at a 3616 too...I've also heard good stuff about Max 28...a 3616 will run a 5 ft bush hog, a3016 will also run it but will probably strain a little in heavy stuff... Just my :2cents: worth...whatever you get, enjoy !

Rich

/ Mahindra 3016 vs LS G 3033
Never received a written quote on the Mahindra. The saleswoman is the daughter of some of our friends. The reason I am looking at new is the warranty. Never had a tractor before so I don't really know how to check them out. One neighbor has a Deere, one has a Mahindra, and one has another brand, one made in India I believe.

I also want something that has common attachments, like a 5' bush hog vs a 4', etc. that way I can buy used and save a bit on those.

/ Mahindra 3016 vs LS G 3033 #5  
Both look to be good tractors I would think either one will work for your needs. The lift capacity of the Mahindra is more for specs than practical use, notice it is more than the base tractor weight. Most three point hitches are rated for what the manufacturer feels is appropriate for the frame size. Both of these tractors would be overloaded with much more than a 1000 lb implement.

Got quotes finally from Mahindra. The 28 max with FEL and bush hog is about 17080 and the 3016 with FEL and bush hog is about 18500 can't remember exactly will have to look it up. Both are 28 hp, just worried about the horses at the pto. I am wondering if I would be better off with the max and a four foot bush hog over the 3016, same hp, with a five foot bush hog.

Went with the Mahindra. But not the 3016, I compared specs and prices between the 3016 and the 3616 and over the loan period the difference was negligible so I went with the 3616. The extra 8 hp at the rear pto sold me.

/ Mahindra 3016 vs LS G 3033 #8  
I think you'll grow to appreciate the extra 8, and the stronger FEL...welcome to the Mahindra family...your hat should arrive shortly ! :D

/ Mahindra 3016 vs LS G 3033 #9  
Nice Move! :thumbsup:

/ Mahindra 3016 vs LS G 3033 #10  
Congratulations on the new tractor.