Comparison wood chipper

/ wood chipper #31  
Hello all,

After much deliberation and thought and Ebay luck I now own a Salsco 627XT chipper with speed sencing. Its rated as a 6" chipper. It's direct PTO drive and the feed rollers (2) run on the tractor hydraulics. There is a speed senceing unit that pauses the feed rollers if the tractor slows down. It is also an hour meter and shows the RPM. The hieght and size of the hopper is great, the throat is over size, I think 6 or 8 x 12. Its built like a brick you what. I run it on my Kubota 3130 with 25 HP at the PTO and it works great. I run 6" oak and manzanita no problem. Just stick it in and turn your back. one little thing that does bug me is there is a weld at the bottom of the throat on the sides of the rollers that can stop a branch from going in and you have to redirect it into the rollers. A little anoiance. Other than that I could not be more pleased.

Good for you!! Salsco makes good machines.

I suggest you not turn your back...that's when a branch kicks back out! Just step to the side.

And,
WELCOME TO TBN!!

/ wood chipper #32  
Do you know if the Oxxn and Woodmaxx are nearly identical machines - same company in China? Since you have had your machine for several months now, are you still satisfied with it?