Default need protection

Hi All:
    By way of background, I signed onto the forum several years ago and started educating myself about compact tractors with the idea of making a lawn and routine maintenance around my yard. The idea got shelved until recently and I purchased a kubota B7610 with loader, BB, belly mower and middle buster. Now I need to protect it from the elements till I get a garage built. I did a search and came up with no good threads. I assume the subject has probably been discussed multiple times, but I can't seem to git on the correct keywords. Anyway, I need a temporary shelter (canvas tent, carport, whatever). Can someone point me to threads or share their experiences. Thanks!

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Ford 2N

Try your local bigbox stores, lowes, menards, tsc, etc. You should be able to find a car port type portable structure that uses a tarp or canvas

You can do that but tractors are built to live outdoors. It won't hurt it till you build a covered area.
    2008 JD 5103, FEL, 6' Frontier, 6' HD boxblade, 7' Landscape rake, More impliments to come, Bobcat (clark) 742 SS.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2520

Default Re: need protection

Quote Originally Posted by GPintheMitten View Post
    Try your local bigbox stores, lowes, menards, tsc, etc. You should be able to find a car port type portable structure that uses a tarp or canvas
    +1

Tractor Supply sells them too. You can get them in various sizes and of various thickness of material. Some of the less expensive ones seem to hold up well for a couple of years then start to have issues. The ones that last the longest have the heaviest materials and are much more expensive.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    3000 Ford 66' 260A International Backhoe

Farmtek sends me a magazine with lots of different temp shelters. I've never used one of their sheds but have ordered other stuff from them. Maybe this can at least give you ideas of what's available.

Google farmtek..... I can't get it to produce a link??
    I've got a cutting torch and a welder sooo YEAH it'll fit!!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2520

I couldn't think of the name eariler... Shelter Logic is a company that makes a lot of different temp structures like what you're looking for. They have stuff that you can buy through places like Tractor Supply for a fairly reasonable cost, and they have some high-end stuff that holds up really well to things like heavy snow in the winter.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

I agree that Shelter Logic has some decent structures to use for your tractor.

Now about that "need protection" don't worry just keep focused on riding and caring for your tractor and you will be alright.