Neighbor looking for tractor

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #11  
Here is another tractor to consider.

You have a full size 8000lb utility tractor with the loader. I think that you should be able to get it in the 25k range.

You really should have your neighbor come onto TBN himself. ;)

/ Neighbor looking for tractor
Here is another tractor to consider.

You have a full size 8000lb utility tractor with the loader. I think that you should be able to get it in the 25k range.

You really should have your neighbor come onto TBN himself. ;)

We took a look at the Mahindra on Friday. It was very impressive, but with a loader and taxes, it was several thousand over budget.
Neighbor is uncomfortable on computer. He is a bit of an "old School" type guy.

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #13  
We took a look at the Mahindra on Friday. It was very impressive, but with a loader and taxes, it was several thousand over budget.
Neighbor is uncomfortable on computer. He is a bit of an "old School" type guy.

The Mahindra 4530 when I looked was around $21,000,4x4 with loader..

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #14  
Very happy with my loader-equipped Deere 5045D...

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #15  
Deere 5045e/d or 5055e/d, Kubota M5040, Kioti DK55, Mahindra 5010, New Holland Workmaster 55 (and Case equivalent)

No particular order, just my order of knowledge.

I think the MX5100 is more of a CUT than the full utility. It's slightly lighter and less capacity than some of the full sized utility comparables. I'd think the closest Kubota comparable would be an M5040.

I think Martian hit it head on here. Putting the brand loyalties aside the small utility tractors that I looked at were very nice. Most are made in India. My uncle just bought a slightly used NH Workmaster 55. He has had an 8n forever and finally decided to upgrade. He was initially looking at the CUT's and I convinced him to look at the utility models. His was even cheaper than the boomers he had been looking at. Much more tractor up to any task, not just small "homeowner" jobs. With a tight budget I would think that the Workmaster may be a good one to look at. Last I checked same model with red paint was slightly more. As many others have said dealer is very important. Sometimes worth a small amount extra to have in your back pocket when needed. Good luck.

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #16  
While shopping "tractors" he also needs to shop "dealers"... Dealer can turn out to be as important as the tractor if you wind up needing a repair or service work...just by the way, my Mahindra 4035 (40 hp) was about $24K out the door...

Rich