Neighbor looking for tractor

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
Needs a new tractor. Wants 4wd 40-50 hp utility with a loader.
Brand not super important. Whats out there that he needs to look at? Any good deals?
Anything to avoid?

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #2  
Needs a new tractor. Wants 4wd 40-50 hp utility with a loader.
Brand not super important. Whats out there that he needs to look at? Any good deals?
Anything to avoid?

All the major tractor manufacturers have CUTs in that range. Test drive as many as possible at dealers within 100 mile radius or so.
Check the financing incentives first.
Then check the dealer out carefully--size of his CUT inventory, variety of models in stock, size of his parts department, size of and equipment in his service facility.
Avoid dealing with someone working out of a former service station--limited selection of CUT models, little or no parts and service support.
Cut a deal for rear hydraulic remotes (dual remotes, triple remotes is better). When I bought my new 2008 Mahindra 5525 (55 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, 8F/2R gear tranny, power steering), the dealer installed triple rear remotes for $700. The factory package is like double that cost if you add them later. You can also cut good deals on implements (mowers, backhoes, blades, etc) when you buy them as a package with your new tractor.

Good luck.

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #3  
Is your neighbor looking for a CUT or a utility size tractor?

/ Neighbor looking for tractor
Is your neighbor looking for a CUT or a utility size tractor?

He is looking for utility sized. We both agreed that you can probably get more hp and weight for your money.

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #5  
Guess he is looking for good used? Whats his price range he would like to stay in?

/ Neighbor looking for tractor
Nope. He is looking for a new one. I think he wants to keep it under 25 grand, including loader.

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #7  
I think something like a Kubota MX5100 coulb be purchased for around 25k.

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #8  
Deere 5045e/d or 5055e/d, Kubota M5040, Kioti DK55, Mahindra 5010, New Holland Workmaster 55 (and Case equivalent)

No particular order, just my order of knowledge.

I think something like a Kubota MX5100 coulb be purchased for around 25k.

I think the MX5100 is more of a CUT than the full utility. It's slightly lighter and less capacity than some of the full sized utility comparables. I'd think the closest Kubota comparable would be an M5040.

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #9  
Deere 5045e/d or 5055e/d, Kubota M5040, Kioti DK55, Mahindra 5010, New Holland Workmaster 55 (and Case equivalent)

No particular order, just my order of knowledge.

I think the MX5100 is more of a CUT than the full utility. It's slightly lighter and less capacity than some of the full sized utility comparables. I'd think the closest Kubota comparable would be an M5040.

The M5140 would be out of his budget of 25k, it would be around 29k plus tax. Deere compares the 5045 to the MX5100. The MX5100 would be around 24k plus tax, which is a lot of tractor for the money. I think it may bridge the gap between a compact and a utility.

/ Neighbor looking for tractor #10  
Why not give neighbor the TBN url.... he's going to need it anyway...and the sooner he does his own research, the better.