Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Default Wheel Spacers...do they help?

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to ask about wheel spacers and if they really do help stabilize the tractor. I know they would extend your width, but is it that helpful in rough terrain. I'll be using my tractor in soft very uneven terrain, mostly peat and rotten old growth with lots of hidden ditches. I'll be pulling logs out and chipping branches.

Ayn thoughts on wether I should get the wheel spacers and do you think that they would help stabilize the tractor?

Paul

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX1850

Default Re: Wheel Spacers...do they help?

Yes, no question they will improve your stability. They are a little pricey though.

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Thank you. This is my first tractor and I appreciate the information/help.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

I have the factor rear wheel spacers on my kubota B3030. They add three inches to the width of the tractor. The 'seat of the pants' feel operating the tractor, is that it is much more stable on hills or uneven ground. I have yet to find any situation where the extra width is any problem. The way I see it is the wheel spacers are a 100% positive improvement, with no downside.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

I wouldn't say absolutely no downside... It is going to put more strain on your axles/ bearings, and also would force you to buy larger implements if you want to stay wider than the tractor- implements that will require more power. They will definitely help with stability though. You may not need them, as many tractor rims can be reconfigured to bring the tires farther/ closer to the tractor. There is a guy on ebay that custom fabs wheel spacers, I think they are in the $300-350 range. They are built to order so I think you would have to wait a while for them, can't remember exactly how long.

I have wide turfs on my tractor so as far as stability goes, they are awesome. They are also the reason I make mention of the wider implements. Anything I get needs to be about 6 1/2 feet wide to cover my tracks. Then I don't have the traction to pull a lot of stuff with 2wd and turfs.