Buying Advice When is it best to buy

/ When is it best to buy #1  

gharms

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1648 12x12PS
I pretty much decided on buying the MF 1643 12x12. Now it is the question when I should pull the trigger, now or coming spring? The thing is that I am money wise a little better off in spring, but I am wondering whether MF will still offer the deals then and/or whether prices go up by then all together.

/ When is it best to buy #2  
I have the exact same question. I know what I want but I can't use it till Spring. The pricing now seems good. Would it be best to just do it and leave it in the shed all winter?

Tom

/ When is it best to buy #3  
I would say now. Prices are only going to go up.

/ When is it best to buy #4  
I would buy before Tier 4 sends prices up, so buy now.....but, in the three years or so I spent wanting and looking at Kiotis, I found the Spring deals the best. Maybe pick up a leftover next Spring would be the best bet.

/ When is it best to buy #5  
If the pricing seems good now then buy now. It isn't going to be any cheaper later on.

/ When is it best to buy #6  
I'm having the same thoughts. But I have the itch. I sent an email to a bobcat dealer Friday night (before I learned they are going to drop the compact tractor line). He may have a deal to good to pass up.

/ When is it best to buy #7  
I was going to wait until spring/early summer so I could pay cash for the tractor. Kubota offered the $0 down, 0% financing for 60 months and no payments until April 2013. Between that, the unknown price increases with Tier 4, the unknown price increases due to inflation/deflation and the unknowns related to what's going to happen to the economy next year I said to h*ll with it and bought now. I got the tractor at a good price, the financing at a great rate and I don't have to worry about Tier 4, inflation or Wall Street.

/ When is it best to buy #8  
Everywhere the "buzz" over Tier 4, by knowledgeable and informed folks, all agree. Hurry. Nobody is excited over what Tier 4 is going to do to purchase cost and fuel use. You'd never likely regret dodging that bullet. Forewarned.

/ When is it best to buy #9  
Everywhere the "buzz" over Tier 4, by knowledgeable and informed folks, all agree. Hurry. Nobody is excited over what Tier 4 is going to do to purchase cost and fuel use. You'd never likely regret dodging that bullet. Forewarned.
Is this going to come as 2013 models in all makes or is it going to be slowly implemented, anybody really know for sure? And when are the new models coming, January or is it like cars where it comes early?

/ When is it best to buy #10  
The EPA compliance is for engines built after Jan. 1 so they won't be coming early. Then manufacturer can still use engines built prior to Jan. 1st based on their normal number in supply channel, plus they can use credits, if they have any left, to delay implementing the new engine so these Tier 4s will be tricling in over the next year depending on brand & model.
Due to this increase in engine cost, I don't think you will see the dealers discounting the last year inventory as much as they normally did in the Spring. manufacturer may have better incentives/programs but I believe the dealer is more apt to stick closer to SLP on the current engine models. All depends on how hungry and aggressive the dealer is.