Time to buy?

/ Time to buy?
I think I am going to take the plunge because of much of what has been mentioned. The extraordinarily low rates, Fed Reserve induced inflation making my dollar worth less by the month, the deals Deere is offering right now, and the idea of ducking the new emission standards. I talked to a Deere fellow in the know and he said the technical aspect of the new motor's operation should be fairly good, but he did say the price increase will be in the thousands, not the hundreds. I will get a 10ft shredder with it, front wheel assist, and the front end loader.

/ Time to buy? #12  
I think I am going to take the plunge because of much of what has been mentioned. The extraordinarily low rates, Fed Reserve induced inflation making my dollar worth less by the month, the deals Deere is offering right now, and the idea of ducking the new emission standards. I talked to a Deere fellow in the know and he said the technical aspect of the new motor's operation should be fairly good, but he did say the price increase will be in the thousands, not the hundreds. I will get a 10ft shredder with it, front wheel assist, and the front end loader.

Way to go Tex! Which tractor is on your short list? I'd probably be more tempted to buy now as well if I wasn't trying to save for a new house, but can't take the hit on my credit to get another loan in my name! I'm gonna live vicariously through all you guys with bigger tractors than me. :laughing:

I like your reasoning, buy now because it will be cheaper, not because your worried the world of tractors is over when tier IV comes around as some people make you think. :thumbsup:

/ Time to buy?
A Deere 5065E. I probably will buy just a regular gear box and not the shuttle shift type. I am not going to make living with that tractor and the front end loader. Also, the Deere dealer around here is a good operation and they are closer to my house than the Kubota and NH boys by several miles. From a distance, I have respected Deere's work for years and am satisfied they make a good product.

/ Time to buy? #14  
I'm really interested in hearing/seeing more about the new 5E series. It sounds like it's going to be a very popular tractor and a good value.